Re: SiteScope configuration and Limits (243 Views)
Advisor
bmadhav
Message 1 of 4 (278 Views)

SiteScope configuration and Limits

Hello Experts,

As i am scaling the SiteScope monitors for more number of servers, i.e. from 150 Servers to 550 Servers, wanted to know :

a.  Is there any sizing recommendations for SiteScope compute resources, based on the number of Servers or associated monitors

b.  Is there any maximum limit on number servers per SiteScope instance, i.e. if i have on an average 5 Monitors per Server.

Regards

Bindumadhava.

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 4 (243 Views)

Re: SiteScope configuration and Limits

Check "Sizing SiteScope" chapter in the SiteScope Deployment guide.

Also check "Certified Configurations" section in the SiteScope Release Notes.

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 3 of 4 (240 Views)

Also use SiteScope\tools\SiteScopeCapacityCalculator.xls spreadsheet.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Advisor
bmadhav
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)

Thanks for both the pointers, and still have some queries.

I referred sizing and as well run thru Configuration tool and also SiteScopeCapacityCalculator.xls, and got the below sizing recommendation : 4% CPU and 180M Memory (and ~40% differences) for 600 Servers with 5 Monitors (3000 Monitors)

My SiS configuration which is hosted on VM (ESXi 5.1) : 8G Memory and 4 vCPUs (2.93GHz per CPU). 

Now, my observations in general about the load :

a) Constantly observing CPU peaks to 100% and process is SiteScope

b) Under Health Monitor Load checker - Monitors running is 400, Waiting 1202, status is OK.

c) Under Health of SiteScope Server - getting Threhold error : Process/Sitescope/Handle Count is greater than limit i.e. it says 7834 > 5000.

So please do suggest, what is the further action required..? Do i need to still increase the CPUs..? or Reduce number of servers.?

Regards

Bindumadhava.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.