Re: SiteScope VMware Performance Monitor "Failed to Show counter tree dialog" error (366 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Bulldis
Message 1 of 6 (780 Views)

SiteScope VMware Performance Monitor "Failed to Show counter tree dialog" error

We are trying to setup a Performance monitor in SiteScope for VMware Performance. We have imported the certificate of the VSphere Server as well as one of the ESX nodes. When I put in the URL and Credentials into the monitor settings I keep getting "Failed to Show counters tree dialog". The account that we are using is a Administrator in the VSphere Roles infrastructure.

Any Ideas? We are using SiteScope 10.10 which I have been told is compatabile with VSphere.

HP Expert
Shrey
Message 2 of 6 (780 Views)

Re: SiteScope VMware Performance Monitor "Failed to Show counter tree dialog" error

Hi Bulldis,

For the VMWare performance monitor, I'd strongly suggest that you apply the 10.12 SP for SiteScope. There are atleast three fixes which would be very relevant to your issue:

Fixed on 10.11:

a. Monitor failed to load counters when resource pool contains special characters

b. Java HeapSpace error thrown when loading a large counter tree (resulting in the error you've mentioned)

Fixed on 10.12:

a. The monitor was unable to display the counter tree if the virtual machine names contained multi-byte characters (Japanese or Chinese).

Regards, 

Shrey

Occasional Contributor
GirishBabu
Message 3 of 6 (780 Views)

Re: SiteScope VMware Performance Monitor "Failed to Show counter tree dialog" error

you may also want to check the browser versions. For some reason we got IE6, I have seen simillar issues. when I switched to firefox issues were no more seen.

HP Expert
DavidMolina_1
Message 4 of 6 (780 Views)

Hi,

if after install patch 10.12 the problem persist, check if the certificate of your Virtual Center is the default cert, if so, you should rebuild it and re import it into SiteScope

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Advisor
Diabolos
Message 5 of 6 (780 Views)

Not to bring this thread back to life but I am pretty sure vSphere (esx 4) wasn't supported until SiteScope 11. At least I recall at least 1 person telling me that.

Occasional Contributor
Raj725
Message 6 of 6 (366 Views)

Hi ,

Please suggest me vmware esx5.1 is supported in sitescope10.10 and also explain that ,is there any license issue with the solution template 

Regards 

Raj

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.