Re: SiteScope URL monitor POST data (306 Views)
Advisor
midd91
Message 1 of 4 (332 Views)

SiteScope URL monitor POST data

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the POST ability of the URL monitor.

I know it is useful for filling in form data if you use the variable:value format. But is it possible to just post raw data to a URL using the "POST data" box? I have a URL that is waiting for a POST and will throw a NullPointerException and give a 500 error if nothing is posted to the URL. I've successfully used the Chrome tool, Postman, to get a 200 response. Even posting random, raw text data will give me back a 200. However, whenever I try this in SiteScope I still receive a 500 error.

How does the SiteScope POST method work, and is there some in depth documentation? Is there a simple way I can simulate posting raw data without using the Custom monitor?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 4 (318 Views)

Re: SiteScope URL monitor POST data

Hi,

What is content type you're trying to post, is it XML (to make a SOAP request maybe)?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Advisor
midd91
Message 3 of 4 (306 Views)

I've used Postman to send raw text, xml, json, and html and they all give a 200. Form data gives a 500 error. Which is what SiteScope sends I believe.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 4 (287 Views)

SiS can post only text/html. Are you giving correct variable names?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation