Re: SiteScope Self Restart every 2 min. (756 Views)
Advisor
katawutt
Message 1 of 6 (793 Views)

SiteScope Self Restart every 2 min.

[ Edited ]

Hi All

I'm using SiteScope 11.00 for Window & UNIX monitoring. Everything work fine until yesterday.

I'm stop sitescope process and backup all sitescope's folder. After I start,the sitecope sent status report email every 2 minites.I'm not show how to fix this problem. Anyway I start to test the solution for upgrading from current version to 11.11 .

But still not success on test virtual machine.

Have any suggestion for sitescope restart itself problem?

Thank you for any suggestion

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 6 (783 Views)

Re: SiteScope Self Restart every 2 min.

Check error.log to see the reason why SiteScope keeps restarting itself.

Advisor
katawutt
Message 3 of 6 (779 Views)

Thank you for your suggestion.

Now the system is back to functional because we restore by using last full backup file.

Anyway I aware this case may be happen again if we restart then I let my team provide  more information in error.log

Thank you so much ^^

Established Member
ha_lek
Message 4 of 6 (778 Views)

You can see sitescope log in attached file.

Thank you

Advisor
katawutt
Message 5 of 6 (758 Views)

Hi..

The error.log show some SiteScope Error like this. I'm no idea with this error.

Have any suggestion. ?

[SiteScope Main] (SiteScopeSupport.java:1009) ERROR - SiteScope unexpected shutdown
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 10
 at com.mercury.sitescope.monitors.facades.NetworkBandwidthMonitor.storeValidIFTableProperties(NetworkBandwidthMonitor.java:1106)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.monitors.facades.NetworkBandwidthMonitor.getValidIFTableProperties(NetworkBandwidthMonitor.java:1058)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.monitors.facades.NetworkBandwidthMonitor.getLogOrStateProperties(NetworkBandwidthMonitor.java:1020)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.monitors.facades.NetworkBandwidthMonitor.getStatePropertyObjects(NetworkBandwidthMonitor.java:1256)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.entities.properties.PropertiedObject.getStatePropertyObjects(PropertiedObject.java:937)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.entities.monitors.AtomicMonitor.getTopazMeasurements(AtomicMonitor.java:3460)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.TopazMonitor.handleMeasurements(TopazMonitor.java:617)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.TopazMonitor.updateFromAtomicMonitor(TopazMonitor.java:519)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.MonitorsSynchronizer.addMonitorRequest(MonitorsSynchronizer.java:169)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.MonitorsSynchronizer.syncAddUpdateMonitors(MonitorsSynchronizer.java:83)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.MonitorsSynchronizer.sync(MonitorsSynchronizer.java:61)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.TopazConfigManager.initialize(TopazConfigManager.java:220)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.TopazManager.restart(TopazManager.java:623)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.bootstrap.SiteScopeGroup.startSiteScope(SiteScopeGroup.java:430)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.bootstrap.SiteScopeSupport.StartProcess(SiteScopeSupport.java:821)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.bootstrap.SiteScopeSupport.siteScopeMain(SiteScopeSupport.java:995)
 at com.mercury.sitescope.web.servlet.InitSiteScope$SiteScopeMainThread.run(InitSiteScope.java:183)

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 6 of 6 (756 Views)

It looks like it complains about some of Network Bandwidth monitors you may have set up. Try to disable all such monitors to stabilize SiteScope first. Then you can start investigating what's wrong with the monitor(s).

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.