Re: SiteScope Frontend applet not loading - Class Not found exception (2202 Views)
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 1 of 4 (2,384 Views)
Accepted Solution

SiteScope Frontend applet not loading - Class Not found exception

All,

i was trying to access the sitescope's frontend GUI url and it seems like the applets fails to load and when i look at the java console, it shows the below error.  i thought it was a client issue and tried to update my java and tried several troubleshooting, but nothing helped.

Btw, i verified this particular jar file exists under /opt/HP/SiteScope/jsp/applets/SiteScope/lib.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mercury.sitescope.ui.SiteScopeConfigurationApplet
 at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
 at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap.createImplementation(AppletBootstrap.java:386)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap.access$900(AppletBootstrap.java:47)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap$BgInitThread$1.run(AppletBootstrap.java:678)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap$BgInitThread.run(AppletBootstrap.java:515)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mercury.sitescope.ui.SiteScopeConfigurationApplet
 at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
 at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap.createImplementation(AppletBootstrap.java:386)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap.access$900(AppletBootstrap.java:47)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap$BgInitThread$1.run(AppletBootstrap.java:678)
 at com.hp.acm.swing.container.bootstrap.AppletBootstrap$BgInitThread.run(AppletBootstrap.java:515)
[Applet Bootstrap ERROR] com.mercury.sitescope.ui.SiteScopeConfigurationApplet

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 2 of 4 (2,377 Views)

Re: SiteScope Frontend applet not loading - Class Not found exception

Think I had similar problems. Do you use a proxy server by any chance?

Do you get an error message if you try loading the Sitescope GUI directly from the Sitescope machine itself? If it's a Windows machine, RDP to it, launch the browser and try going to http://localhost:8080. If you get an error there, it's most likely a problem with Sitescope itself, but if it loads fine, then it's most likely on the client side.

What worked for me was to change my Java connection settings (Control Panel > Java > Network Settings), changing it to "Direct Connection", deleting all temporary Java files, clearing my browser cache and reloading.

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 3 of 4 (2,348 Views)

Clear Browser & java cache.

Also i would suggest have reboot to server once and revert if u still face the issue
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 4 of 4 (2,202 Views)

Yes, that was one of the problem,  however when i tried to uninstall the patch 11.12 and revert it to 11.10 or upgrade it to 11.13 it worked, any reason?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.