SiteScope 11.23: Where to find information about reconciliation prioritization? (350 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

SiteScope 11.23: Where to find information about reconciliation prioritization?

Hi all

based on the "What's new" documentation for BSM 9.23 and SiS 11.23 one of the new features should be reconciliation prioritization. I would like to find out more about this point since we are having issues with nodes which are in SiS and at the same time discovered via UD and synced into RTSM from uCMDB.

For example when we create a node in SiteScope it will be added to RTSM as "Windows" CI. The very same machine is being discovered by UD as a Cluster Ressource Group and added to uCMDB. Via the sync job (integration point) from uCMDB into RTSM we are seeing the same node as CI type "Cluster Ressource Group" with the very same name as the "Windows" CI from SiteScope. Reconciliation does not handle this properly on it's own. So i was hopint that with reconciliation priorization we would be capable of handling this.

The What's New says:

- Added support for reconciliation prioritization when several data collectors are reporting topology to BSM.

So where can i find more information in the docs about this (possibilities, how to configure, limitations)? I have searched the BSM 9.23 docs and the SiS 11.23 docs without any success.

Anyone here has experience with the same issue?

Thanks

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

Re: SiteScope 11.23: Where to find information about reconciliation prioritization?

You can read about reconciliation prioritization in the Data Flow Management Guide - one that comes with BSM or UCMDB.

For example, Chapter 14: Reconciliation Priority in the BSM 9.23 Data Flow Management Guide.

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 3 of 4 (322 Views)

Re: SiteScope 11.23: Where to find information about reconciliation prioritization?

have you looked in RTSM Best Practices, latest version?

here is a link to the doc: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00682650?searchIdentifier=-6bdc323%3a143bea4ed4d...

Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)

thanks a lot for the pointers! this is exactly what i was looking for

in our use case since sitescope does populate a system as Windows CI type into RTSM and UD does discover it as Cluster Ressource Group into uCMDB and then sync it into RTSM. we would like to make sure reconnciliation does work in a way that the information from uCMDB (discovery) is kept. so we would have to give this integration point i higher priority.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.