SiteScope 11.22 Log Event Checker Failure (288 Views)
Occasional Advisor
mcataldo
Message 1 of 3 (288 Views)

SiteScope 11.22 Log Event Checker Failure

The default Log Event Checker monitor fails on status.  The monitor reports status = error.  What is "status" in this monitor?  I don't see it selected as one of the counters?  What can I look for to diagnose the failure.  SiteScope has been running fine, no issues, not a large number of monitors running.

Occasional Advisor
mcataldo
Message 2 of 3 (286 Views)

Re: SiteScope 11.22 Log Event Checker Failure

I did see a few posts that suggested a "reset counter values" in the "Log Event Health Monitor Settings" section.  I did this and the error did go away?  Is this a known issue?  Why would resetting the counters clear the error?

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 3 of 3 (263 Views)

Re: SiteScope 11.22 Log Event Checker Failure

[ Edited ]

This monitor scans most important logs for error messages. Probably status was holding status=error due to old error messages that were in logs (probably not even in current ones but in rolled versions) so that's why "reset" exist. You should not worry if it turned status=ok after reset.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.