SiteScope 10 Error when click on reports tab (654 Views)
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 1 of 10 (654 Views)

SiteScope 10 Error when click on reports tab

I have SiteScope 10 on a windows box and when I click the report tab on high level SiteScope the report tab works fine. When I go down to the lower groups or monitors and click on reports i get "Error while trying to get report summary (com.mecury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.MissingReferencedConfigObecht Expception. Screen shot attached. Please let me know if you know how to solve this issue. Let me know if you need more information.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Campeau
Message 2 of 10 (648 Views)

Re: SiteScope 10 Error when click on reports tab

Were these reports imported from an earlier SiteScope version?

Have you tried to create any new "Lower Groups" an see if the report tab will work there?

You may try to find the lowest point at which the report tab works, then create new Lower Groups, and copy and paste the monitors to those. Copy those old reports over to the new "Lower Groups" or create new ones.

I'm just spit-balling some ideas to trouble-shoot.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 3 of 10 (648 Views)

We did upgrade SiteScope in May to version 10 but we did not bring any reports over. These reports we recreated on the 10 interface. The reports were working up until the beginning of July.

I can't go any lower than the SiteScope group with the reporting tab. When i try to copy the report i created from the SiteScope group down to the lower levels I get the error mentioned in the thread. Missing referenced Config object exception.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Campeau
Message 4 of 10 (648 Views)

Have you checked the run monitor log, error logs for anything out of the ordinary.

Can you think of any changes that were made around the time it started failing?
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 5 of 10 (648 Views)

I have looked through the logs but nothing jumps out to me. I cant think of anything that might have happened to blow up that functionality. We really dont do any customizing of the SiS tool. Do you know what this config Manager is and where it references these objects?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Campeau
Message 6 of 10 (648 Views)

This is beyond my knowledge base at this point, but it could be referenced in persistancy. Open the persistancy viewer in SiteScope\bin\PersistencyViewer.bat

Use the drop down and look at
com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.reports.ReportObjectConfig

This will list all of your reports.

Perhaps someone who knows about how the ObjectID works could give some insite as to how to possibly correct the problem?

I'm really just spit-balling here.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 7 of 10 (648 Views)

thanks for the help. I can see the reports in that screen. I am not sure what to do with that, but at least I think I have a good starting poing. Maybe I should delete the reports and see if that will resolve the issue. Thoughts?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Campeau
Message 8 of 10 (648 Views)

It seems to me the problem is SiteScope lost its reference to those lower containers in some form or fashion. My recommendation would be to try and re-create those references by moving the monitors from those lower groups to a higher group. Delete those lower groups, and then re-create them, and then copy those monitors back, and see if the report tab works. This can be very easily done by using the "Manage Monitor and Groups" button located next to the "Tools" button within SiteScope 10.

I would do that first before messing with the root reports within the persistency manager.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 9 of 10 (648 Views)

I found the error. There were some monitors listed in the history.conf that needed to be deleted. Once I deleted these monitors and restarted SiteScope the functionality started working again for all levels. I guess we somehow corrupted that file.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 10 of 10 (648 Views)

Went through the error.log and found 3 referenced monitors that caused reporting errors. I removed this moniotors from the history.config file and restarted SiteScope. Once these files were removed from the history.config the functionality started to work again.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation