SiteScope 10.14 , W2k8 Query : Which browser does sitescope uses to connect to Client URL's (746 Views)
Frequent Advisor
ritshett
Message 1 of 3 (746 Views)
Accepted Solution

SiteScope 10.14 , W2k8 Query : Which browser does sitescope uses to connect to Client URL's

Hi,

I am not sure on which browser does the sitescope has by default. my question here is

If suppose i am trying to access client web URL which does not support IE6 and below or mozilla 5.0 or below. and if i create a URL monitor it may or may not give correct result. doest sitescope really uses browser to test connection to client URL or does it converts everything into HTMl 1.1 version and retrive encoding as Cp1252 Or does it follows another approach?

When i ran URL tool check i get user agent is Mozilla , can i change the default user agent ?

Result: content match error > >URL:  >Total time: 2.387 seconds >  >Content Match Results: > >Error Content Match Results: > >

SITESCOPE HTTP REQUEST HTTP REQUEST HTTP REQUEST HTTP REQUEST HTTP REQUEST HTTP REQUEST

GET /welcome HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT)

Pragma: No-Cache

Accept: */*

Host:

SITESCOPE                                         BLANK LINE

SITESCOPE HTTP RESPONSE HEADERS

HTTP/1.1 302 Found

Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 09:55:35 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store

Thanks,

Rithick

Honored Contributor
Rajasekhar Gundu
Message 2 of 3 (739 Views)

Re: SiteScope 10.14 , W2k8 Query : Which browser does sitescope uses to connect to Client URL's

[ Edited ]

Hi Rithick,

You can change the User Agent that SiteScope uses when it tests URLs -- by default SiteScope uses Internet Explorer 4.0. To change this for all of SiteScope, edit the SiteScopegroupsmaster.config file using a text editor and change (or add to the .mg file)the _URLUserAgent setting.

To make this change to an individual monitor, edit the SiteScope/groups/groupname.mg file, find the entry for the specific monitor to be changed (it will be delimited between # signs), and add the _URLSuerAgent setting.

Some of the more common alternatives are 

• For Internet Explorer 6.0, use _URLUserAgent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0).
  • For Internet Explorer 5.5, use _URLUserAgent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0).
  • For Internet Explorer 5.0, use _URLUserAgent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT).
  • For Internet Explorer 4.0, use _URLUserAgent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT).

• For Netscape 4.6, use _URLUserAgent=Mozilla/4.61 [en] (WinNT; I).
  • For Netscape 3.0, use _URLUserAgent=Mozilla/3.01 [en] (Win95; I).

For more possible user agents, see this link.

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
Frequent Advisor
ritshett
Message 3 of 3 (698 Views)

Re: SiteScope 10.14 , W2k8 Query : Which browser does sitescope uses to connect to Client URL's

Thanks Raja for your quick response.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.