[Service Health] How does the acknowledgement works? Best practices? (217 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Coen Meerbeek
Message 1 of 6 (217 Views)

[Service Health] How does the acknowledgement works? Best practices?

This sounds like a basic question but I really want to know what this function does.

I have a basic view in BSM where I inserted some SiteScope monitors or BPM scripts.

When I set an acknowledgement I don't see the any color change. Is this by design?

Is an acknowledgement system wide or only for the user who sets it?

Is an acknowledgement system wide or only for the view where it is set?

Can anyone give me an explanation of the acknowledge functionality and how you use it?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 6 (206 Views)

Re: [Service Health] How does the acknowledgement works? Best practices?

Ack is not changing any KPI status. It is used only to notify other users who also watch the same view that a user is "working" on that CI. It is more "messaging" mechanism than anything else.
It is system wide and not bounded to a specific view or user.
with OMi, the need for Ack become less relevant since users can assign events and write annotations on events, so no need to use Ack on the CI level (events are much more granular).
I hope this answers your questions,
Asaf
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Coen Meerbeek
Message 3 of 6 (192 Views)

is there another way to change the CI status manually so the NOC knows that the issue is known and they are working on it?

The problem is that the NOC is missing new Critical statusses because the cannot acknowldge the CI.

Hope you can help! Thanks for the quick answer.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 4 of 6 (188 Views)

Ack is not changing the CI Status, and no, there is no way to change it.
I dont understand your problem. why the NOC are missing new statuses?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Coen Meerbeek
Message 5 of 6 (182 Views)

Our NOC has a lot of Business Applications in their view. When one transaction is Critical the BusinessApplication turns red.

When a host beneath that BA goes in to Critical 15min later they miss it because the view is not that far expanded.

Acknowledgement with status change would solve this. The BA gets OK (green) and the Host error is proparly detected.

Do you understand what I mean? Maybe we can do a Google Hangout or Skype to talk through are experiences?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 6 of 6 (181 Views)

this is the reason you have different KPI for BTs and for Hosts.

please work with you HP rep in order to get in touch with me if you need further discussion.

Asaf

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation