Re: SSL for BSM Users only? (247 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Dave D.
Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

SSL for BSM Users only?

Hello, is it possible to configure BSM 9.13 for SSL required by users only?  As in, no changes to data collectors required.

I've read the hardening guide, but still can't confirm this answer.  Looks to me like once I configure SSL on the web server I'll need to configure all of my data collectors as well to use SSL... ?

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: SSL for BSM Users only?

Indeed there is some mess in the BSM 9.13 Hardening guide. There is a dedicated section explaining how to configure SSL for application users, but sections explaining how to configure SSL for data collectors are gone. Even though in BSM 9.01 Hardening guide they are available.

So to answer your question - yes, it's possible to configure SSL for application users and data collectors independently. 

Trusted Contributor
Dave D.
Message 3 of 4 (239 Views)

Thanks! Beyond enabling SSL on my web server (IIS) (and making SSL "required", or not??), can you expand a little bit on what else is required on the BSM side?  Just changing the URL's in Inf. Settings as described in the guide?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
Dave D.
Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)

Can someone provide the high-level process for this?  Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.