Re: SMTP server in BAC 8.0 (478 Views)
Advisor
cliff680
Message 1 of 10 (543 Views)

SMTP server in BAC 8.0

My organizations SMTP server has changed so I changed the SMTP server setting under; ADMIN->platform->Setup and maintenance->infrastructure setting->Foundations ->alerting.  However our report keeps getting sent via the old smtp server, is there something else that I need to do to get our report to get sent via the correct SMTP server?

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 10 (531 Views)

Re: SMTP server in BAC 8.0

Well, alerting and reporting are basically 2 different things. So try to find another SMTP server setting in the Infrastructure Settings (maybe under Foundation->Reporting or something similar, I don't have BAC 8 in front of me to check) and make your change there.

Advisor
cliff680
Message 3 of 10 (529 Views)

I can't find another SMTP setting in the Infrastructure settings.  I checked under all of the Foundations settings and found nothing.  Any other ideas?

Regular Advisor
Jaise
Message 4 of 10 (523 Views)

Pl change the SMTP server details at Admin--Platform-Infrastructure settings--Foundations--Scheduled reports

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 5 of 10 (521 Views)

Once you're in Infrastructure Settings, select the "All" context. If you're using Firefox (should work with IE too), just press Ctrl+F, then do a search for:

SMTP server

Keep clicking next and make sure all the settings show the server you want. For our BAC, we have two SMTP servers specified, one under Alerting and another under Scheduled Reports.

Advisor
cliff680
Message 6 of 10 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I found another SMTP entry at Admin--Platform-Infrastructure settings--Foundations--Scheduled reports. 

I'll see when my report runs again if it goes to the correct server.  I'll update tomorrow if all is well.

Advisor
cliff680
Message 7 of 10 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was able to change the smtp server in 2 spots (scheduled reports and alerts), but now my report isn't getting emailed out.  I added the IP address of the BAC server into allowed relays in Exchange.  Is there something else that I need to do? 

FYI - I rebooted the server after I made the smtp server changes.

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 8 of 10 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]

One thing you can perhaps do is install IIS and SMTP on your BAC server.

In IIS' SMTP config, setup new domains for *.net, *.com and any other email addresses your reports and alerts may get sent to.

In each domain's config, select "Allow incoming mail to be relayed to this domain" and "Forward all email to smarthost", specifying the actual SMTP server it has to end up at.

Once you've configured all your domains, restart IIS.

In your BAC config, specify the BAC server's FQDN in the SMTP server field and give it a test. What should happen is BAC will send the emails to the BAC server itself, IIS/ SMTP will pick it up, then just forward it on to the SMTP server. Maybe just try this with your scheduled reports first and see if it makes a difference.

Before you do that though, have you tried restarting BAC? Also worth just having a look around in the logfiles to see if anything obvious stands out.

Also could be worth telnetting to the SMTP server over port 25 to make sure that communications are open and working as well.

EDIT: Added an example of a configured email domain in IIS

Advisor
cliff680
Message 9 of 10 (483 Views)

I don't want to reconfigure anything, the alerswt ar going out okay, just the reports arent' going out.  I'm just wondering if there is something that I missed in changing the smtprelay server.

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 10 of 10 (478 Views)

Please check attached screens..it may help

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.