Re: SLA Wizard - Offerings and calendars (158 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Roar Johnsen
Message 1 of 7 (161 Views)

SLA Wizard - Offerings and calendars

Hi.

We have an SLA with several hundres of BSO/ISOs.

In the SLA wizard where I select CI offering and calendar.

The default Service/CI offering is "default", now I have to change the default manually on each BSO/ISOs

They all should have the same CI offering. How can I do this.

I've tried to select several BSO/ISOs at the same time, but the "edit Service/CI offering selection" button is grayed out.

It's very time consuming to do this on almost 400 BSO/ISOs

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Roar :)

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 2 of 7 (158 Views)

Re: SLA Wizard - Offerings and calendars

I am assuming that you want to create/change CI offerings. If this is true and you are on BSM, go to admin>service level management>reporitories>Service offerings and play around.

If I am wrong, can you share the screenshot of what you are looking at?

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Roar Johnsen
Message 3 of 7 (155 Views)

Hi.

I've already created the Service/CI Offerings.

When I create the SLA with the wizard, I have to go into each BSO/ISOs manually and change from default to my new offering.

This is very time consuming when you have around 400 of them. They should all have the same offering and calendar. I hoped that I could select multiple  BSO/ISOs at the same time and change from defaul to my new offering on all BSO/ISOs at the same time. But no luck.

Look at the screenshot provided. I want to give all those the same CI offering and calendar.

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 4 of 7 (147 Views)

I tried just now even I was unable to. But I will definitely look into this after sometime. If you get a solution, let me know.

Thank you!

Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 5 of 7 (145 Views)

If all the BizServices/InfraServices should have the same offering, you can create another top level BizService, assign the correct offering to it, and then in the SLA select that top level BizService and select its offering level. that should propagate to all children.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Roar Johnsen
Message 6 of 7 (143 Views)

Hi.

I've tried that. We have 5 BSOs
One of those BSOs has 369 ISOs.

ISOs is in this case a location..
When I stand on the top BSO, and change the CI offering to the one I created, the ISOs below does not propagate down, it still has default as CI offering.

I then have to go to each ISO and change the CI offering.

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ILYA_NIKOLAEV
Message 7 of 7 (141 Views)

I think it is possible to use SLM Web Services API (p.389 of  "Using Service Level Management" guide for v.9.10) for this kind of task. Question is, what would be faster: to update 400 SLAs manually or to create an application for this using APIs.

Kind regards,

Ilya Nikolaev

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation