Re: Remote Server Must be configured to SSH for CPU Monitor? (407 Views)
Valued Contributor
RYU123
Message 1 of 6 (426 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remote Server Must be configured to SSH for CPU Monitor?

Dear Experts,

We are planning to install SiteScope on a Linux Box and we are also considering what type of connection method to use.

My manager prefers to reduce the SSH connection as much as possible because I think he has experienced some problems with SSH before, not particularly with SiteScope.

I found the below documentation in the "monitor reference" guide under the chapter "CPU Monitor" and was wondering does this mean that in order create a CPU monitor for a remote server that we need to connect through SSH assuming that SiteScope is on Linux?

Supported Platforms/Versions

This monitor is supported in SiteScopes running on Windows platforms, and on UNIX versions if

the remote server being monitored has been configured for SSH

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 6 (419 Views)

Re: Remote Server Must be configured to SSH for CPU Monitor?

All OS monitors to Windows targets need SSH if SiS is on Linux as NetBIOS connectivity and WMI is unavailable.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Valued Contributor
RYU123
Message 3 of 6 (415 Views)

Can you please guide me to any documentation that can explain to me more clearly how NetBIOS and WMI connect or even SSH?
Thanks,
Valued Contributor
RYU123
Message 4 of 6 (407 Views)

Kenneth,
So do I still need a SSH connection if SIS is on Linux and the remote monitor is also on Linux?
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 5 of 6 (398 Views)

For Linux to Linux besides SSH you could use RLogin or Telnet.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Valued Contributor
RYU123
Message 6 of 6 (391 Views)

Kenneth,
Thanks for your reply.
I was wondering what is your suggestion in terms of having sitescope connecting to a remote server assuming sitescope is on a linux box.
I feel maybe SSH is probably preferred in terms of security issues.
Thanks,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.