Re: Query on Outage reports (170 Views)
Frequent Advisor
9Mayank9
Message 1 of 3 (181 Views)
Accepted Solution

Query on Outage reports

Hi Experts,

I am using outage(Outage Distribution, Outage Summary) reports in BAC 8.03 and need to understand a concept.

Suppose, there is a profile running in BAC. We name it as "Profile ". And it has a transaction which we name as "Trans".

Now "Trans" starts failing at 11.02 AM  and next transaction runs at 11:22 AM which passes the transaction.

Now, When I see Outage Summary report for this profile, it says that there was an outage from 11:00 AM to 11:25 AM.

My question here is, in actual the profile started failing at 11:02 AM why outage summary report showed that it started failing at 11:00 AM, why it took previous 2 minutes also in outage consideration and the same for when transaction passes, it considered next 3 minutes.

My assumption is that it is summary(which consider near about time/absolute value) report or BAC may have some calculation cycle which is of 5 minutes interval. But still i need to know how and where i can see/show this configuration.

What is the exact logic behind it?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mayank

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: Query on Outage reports

You didnt specify what is the outage rule you were using, but my guess it is based on availability.

Outage is calculated in 5 minutes granularity, so in the calculation of 11-11:05 the availability was less than 100% which means outage started. SLM doesnt know (or care) in the exact minute and this is the reason you see outage started at 11:00. Outage ended during the calculation of 11:25-11:30 (this is the first time that availability was 100% again) and this is the reason you see outage endded at 11:25.

AFAIR, there is NO infrastructure setting that determine the number of calculation units within the 1 hour, so it is always calculating in 5 minutes cycles.

let me know if you need more info.

Frequent Advisor
9Mayank9
Message 3 of 3 (170 Views)

Re: Query on Outage reports

Thanks Asaf for the concept.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.