Query on OMi (305 Views)
Regular Advisor
priya80
Message 1 of 6 (305 Views)

Query on OMi

Dear Experts,

Apologies to bring out the very  novice question in this forum; however, sine I am completely alien to this tool, I need to understand certain concepts:

Let me first brief you about our environment and what exactly we are looking for :

We have OMW 9.0 as the single console for viewing all alerts. OMW is integrated with tools like SiteScope and NNMi. SiteScope forwards all messages(of all severities) to OMW while NNMi forwards only the critical alerts to OMW. OMW is again integrated with the ticketing tool HP SM wherein, all critical alerts from OMW are generated as tickets in SM. Now the queries are :

1. We need to correlate certain events so that we have just one ticket for similar issues(say for example : we have a power down issue reported in our site. In the current setup, we have 2 alerts getting generated for this same issue : <i> Address not reachable, <ii> Site not responding. We get 2 separate tickets for this single power down issue. Now our requirement is  :

----> Whenever there is a power down issue or link flapping issue occuring at any of the sites, can we club all the related alerts generated in that time frame into one and generate a single ticket ?

-----> Can we achieve this with the current set of tools deployed in our environment(as mentioned at the beginning? ); if not, can OMi help in achieving this ?

2. If OMi can help in meeting this requirement, then can you please provide the installation guide and pre-requisites?  This will be of great help to me.

Thanking in advance. Points assured:)

Regards,

Priya

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 6 (279 Views)

Re: Query on OMi

OMi can help you with this, since OMi has TBEC (topology based events correlation).
HP Expert
PatWest
Message 3 of 6 (271 Views)

I have 5 minutes movie on TBEC to show you what it does.

Download the movie here:

ftp://tbec:7rw+TQ5j@ftp.usa.hp.com

PAtw

Regular Advisor
priya80
Message 4 of 6 (258 Views)

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for the response. Can you please help me with the architecture( the tools required for a complete OMi installation) ?

Step by step guidance / installation guide will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Points assured :)

Regards,

Priya

Regular Advisor
priya80
Message 5 of 6 (253 Views)

thanks a lot Pat :)

Regular Advisor
AshishGupta
Message 6 of 6 (239 Views)

As Asaf  has recommended , OMi is the best  solution for your case , for implementing  OMi , You need to intall HP BSM  and enable operations Mangment module of it , trial version  can be downloaded from this site : http://www8.hp.com/in/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1170668#tab=TAB1

You will get all the relevent documents also with the ISO image  where you can refer to the deployment guide and if you have access HP SUpport site , you can download the document  from the site also.( http://support.openview.hp.com/)

And i would suggest you to go through the documents and if you have any  questions regarding Architetcure and  deployment , please post your queries , we can sort it out.

Regards,

Ashish

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.