Pattern view in BSM (153 Views)
Frequent Advisor
talwarri
Message 1 of 4 (153 Views)

Pattern view in BSM

Hi All,

I have created a pattern view which has some servers, that is picking all the data from sitescope monitors, All sitescope CIs showing the health i.e Green/ Red.

I created some logical CIs in CI Type manager and attached the logical CI to the view I created. But It is not showing the health of Logical CI. I checked in CI indicator settings, selected and the view and found that it has KPI and HI assigned. I am not sure if I am missing something here, Could you please advise.

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 2 of 4 (140 Views)

Re: Pattern view in BSM

hello talwarri

i think you need to be a bit more specific here with your information:

- I created some logical CIs in CI Type manager

So have you created a new CI instance of a certain type or have you introduced a new CI type in CI Type Manager? I assume the first one is correct.

- But It is not showing the health of Logical CI

In order for the status to be propagated from the child to the parent (what you call logical CI) the combination of both CI types needs to be part of the impact model. Read about the impact model in the BSM Modeling Guide. Depending on the CI Type of the logical CI you have introduced this might not be the case.

- I have created a pattern view which has some servers, that is picking all the data from sitescope monitors

So i am assuming that the Node CIs in your view are displaying the correct HIs, KPIs and they status in BSM Service Health according to the SiteScope samples? If this is the case, you're really having only a propagation problem.

i hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
talwarri
Message 3 of 4 (134 Views)

Thanks for your reply Tibornad.

I created some logical CIs in CI Type manager

I have introduced a new CI type in CI Type Manager,shall I create new CI instance and remove it?

But It is not showing the health of Logical CI: I will read impact model guide.

I have created a pattern view which has some servers, that is picking all the data from sitescope monitors

Correct, Node CIs in the view are displaying the correct HIs, KPIs and there status in BSM Service Health

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 4 of 4 (128 Views)

if you have introduced a new CI type there will be now applicable tripled (propagation rule) for this CI type by default. So propagation from the Node upwards will not take place.

my suggestion would be to use a CI type as parent which i supposed to be used in such a way and supported by the data model in BSM. For example you can use the CI type "Infrastructure Service" or even "CI Collection" as parent. Or another CI type which fits your need. You just need to be sure that there is a valid relationship in the impact model (means a tripled defined between the two CI types).

the alternative would be to introduce a tripled between the Node and whatever CI type your currently using. although considering the first option i would not recommend this. but maybe somebody else here has another opinion on this.

as you're mentioning that the Node are showing the correct status, this is really just a matter of proper propagation
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation