Re: Outlook Error when displaying reports generated from BAC (209 Views)
Advisor
Chris Forier
Message 1 of 7 (209 Views)
Accepted Solution

Outlook Error when displaying reports generated from BAC

Error displays: An unexpected error occurred generating this report component. This may be due to one of the following* You may not have permissions to access one of more entities...

Errors displaying on Outlook 2003 and 2007 for reports generating from BAC (all SLA, Sitescope Reports). We are running BAC 6.x The data is still visible but is proceeded by the error.
Does anyone know who to correct this? We generate over 200 reports with this error. Thanks!!!!
Trusted Contributor
Tomer Eckhous
Message 2 of 7 (209 Views)

Re: Outlook Error when displaying reports generated from BAC

what sort of format you sending it, I know there are big problems with outlook permissions if you try to sent it as HTML, try zipped MHT for example or PDF and see if you getting the same problem.

To fix the HTML you have to enable outlook to open CSS, and java scripts files.
Advisor
Chris Forier
Message 3 of 7 (209 Views)

We actually generated all reports as HTML since the data is readily visible. I have passed the info you provided to the exchange admins for help. Thanks a bunch.
Regular Advisor
Diabolos_1
Message 4 of 7 (209 Views)

This would most likely be a local client setting and you would probably need to contact your desktop team as there is nothing on the exchange side to change. We moved to PDF files years ago due to outlook configuration security changing from ether patches or hardening.
Regular Advisor
BAC Man
Message 5 of 7 (209 Views)

this has been a known problem with BAC for some time. it involves a "hidden" message that is not supposed to be displayed under normal circumstances (see HP software support article KM203156). HP blames microsoft for the problem, as they claim that other email clients handle the BAC mail format well and it is only outlook that displays the error.

i have opened an enhancement request with HP for them to get this fixed, as most of corporate america likely uses outlook. i recommend you and others do the same until HP gets it fixed.

in the meantime, you must either:
live with the message.
send the report as an attachment.

Regular Advisor
Greg3098
Message 6 of 7 (209 Views)

I am also seeing this error. It was mentioned to look at article KM203156. Just how do I do that? I've searched all over HP's website with that article number and all I get is this discussion forum?

Can someone please point me to the location of this article?

Thanks
Greg
Honored Contributor
Alexander Arkhireyev
Message 7 of 7 (209 Views)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.