01-08-2014 06:18 AM
There is an issue with BSM 9.22. While accessing Application->Oprations Mangement it throws an error message as
"Zero Sized Reply ". The event browser console is not opening. I have attached screen shot for your reference. Can you please help on this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-08-2014 07:28 AM
The screenshot is missing...
Please clear the browser cache, update the java client (if your version is out of data) , and the the flash player.
Also try to reproduce this with a different browser.
01-10-2014 12:45 AM
Thanks for the response. As suggested I have cleared tha cache,upgrade the java and restart both Gateway servers and Data Processing Servers . However, after doing that an new error was encountered while navigationg HP-OMI. The error is as " HTTP Status 404 - /opr-web/OprDefaultEntryPoint.jsp". I have attached screen shot for your reference.
01-13-2014 04:30 AM
I have two action plans here, please try them.
1. Stop BSM
2. Move ..HPBSM\log to a different location
3. Start BSM
1. Stop the Gateway server (and stop IIS if you use it)
2. Run the following command
\opr\bin\opr-gateway-configuration -setup omi
3. (start IIS) and restart the GW server.
let me know how this goed.
01-17-2014 06:51 AM
Thanks for the response.
I have tried to execute the suggested solution. However,the issue persists. After thorough investigation, I found that ALL_EVENt table in the management schema is not accessible as it was blocked by some query. I killed the session and then restart the MecuryAs services in both gateway and DPS services. Now operational console is accessible. I am not very sure about the root cause of this issue. Thanks for the valuable input.
03-12-2014 05:44 PM
I am seeing the same issue in BSM 9.23 on Windows with Oracle database. Trying the steps already suggested here does not help. Does anyone have another suggestions that I could try?
Thanks for your help.
03-13-2014 07:04 AM
Ram, i suggest to start a new thread.
BTW did you try to clear the BSM caches, and re-run the BSM configuration wizard to valiate once again the requried DB connections ?
- Stop BAC / BSM, making sure there are no Topaz processes left, and stop the IIS service, IIS admin service, and WWW publishing service.
- Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/tmp/deplo
y, and delete its contents.
- Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/tmp/sessi
ons, and delete its contents.
- Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/work, and delete its contents.
- Start the IIS service and BAC / BSM.