Re: OMi Event Management reports? (1270 Views)
Frequent Advisor
robcalfee
Message 1 of 16 (1,419 Views)

OMi Event Management reports?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

How are customers reporting on OMi events, like how many closed versus open, how many currently opened and assigned, etc.? So for it looks like OMi uses Excel as its reporter as the only option I can find is to use the Export Event list to Excel and configure my own reports and graphs there. Don't NOC's use automatic reports?

Rob Calfee

J9 Tech

Rob Calfee
J9 Tech
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 16 (1,415 Views)

Re: OMi Event Management reports?

Currently BSM itself doesn't provide out-of-the-box reports for OMi events. In addition to the Excel option you mentioned, there is one more - deploy SHR (Service Health Reporter). SHR OMi Content Pack provides OMi-specific reports.

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 3 of 16 (1,406 Views)

Also you can try with custom query builder

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Frequent Advisor
robcalfee
Message 4 of 16 (1,397 Views)

I'll check out SHR. However, for the custom query builder, the event sample type yields not event data. Can you try it on yourside? I did a couple of simple tests like "COUNT(event_id)" and it yields "0.0". And, yes, I have events in my event browser. :)

Spoiler

Rob Calfee
J9 Tech
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 5 of 16 (1,395 Views)

The "Event" sample type available in the Custom Qury Builder has nothing to do with events seen in OMi Event browser. This "Event" represents legacy events that e.g. could be fed into BSM by SiteScope Technology Integration monitors if you select Data Type = Legacy Events (prior to v 11.11 SiteScope integration monitors were not capable to send common events - the ones seen in OMi Event browser). 

Frequent Advisor
robcalfee
Message 6 of 16 (1,393 Views)

So I'm taking that you can't use the custom query builder to select OMi event data as someone suggested above, right?

Thanks Dimitry,

Rob

Rob Calfee
J9 Tech
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 7 of 16 (1,390 Views)

robcalfee wrote:

So I'm taking that you can't use the custom query builder to select OMi event data as someone suggested above, right?

Correct.

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 8 of 16 (1,386 Views)

We can pull the data from custom query builder and generate the report for event.

PFA screenshot from custom query builder

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 9 of 16 (1,383 Views)

There are legacy events and common events (aka OMi events). Custom Query Builder cannot produce reports for OMi events. The fields you can see are for legacy events only.

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 10 of 16 (1,381 Views)

In our case we are taking data from this omi events and generating the different reports using customization.
Cheers!

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 11 of 16 (1,378 Views)

also i see attribute value like tickets,owner etc which information shows from omi event browser itself
omi is integrated with SM in our case..with this information i can generate the reportsi am attaching here sample sheet in which i have taken data from custom query builder

..Please clear my doubt why we are saying reports not possible..which extra report we are looking for?

Cheers!

Frequent Advisor
robcalfee
Message 12 of 16 (1,368 Views)

Dimitry said that these events that you pulled only come from a limited amount of BSM Data Collectors. What is generating your events? We'd need to run reports on all events, not a subset, so the query builder would have to be able to export all events. 

Rob Calfee
J9 Tech
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 13 of 16 (1,365 Views)

Legacy events could be seen in the SAM Event Log report. Example sources for such events - SiteScope Technology Integration monitors configured in Legacy Events mode (or any integration monitors in any pre-11.11 SiteScope); SiteScope alerts (don't confuse with events that could be generated as the alert action!). 

Whatever events you can see in the SAM Event Log report - you can bring them with Custom Query Builder.

But OMi (common) events are totally different story. They are even stored in a totally different database.

Super Advisor
Wes Kaufmann
Message 14 of 16 (1,270 Views)

Couldn't you use Crystal Reports to mine the data if you knew what tables it was in?

Visitor
brittm3
Message 15 of 16 (592 Views)

Hi, was there any further information on how to report on OMi events, I'm also interested in the purging policies within BSM for OMi events, hI can see that its possible to apply purging policies for Sitescope events but not OMi??

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 16 of 16 (581 Views)

Nope,

as long as you are talking BSM/OMi events, the only option is the one Dmitry mention ages ago:

Currently BSM itself doesn't provide out-of-the-box reports for OMi events. In addition to the Excel option you mentioned, there is one more - deploy SHR (Service Health Reporter). SHR OMi Content Pack provides OMi-specific reports.

Regarding your other question

I'm also interested in the purging policies within BSM for OMi events, its possible to apply purging policies for Sitescope events but not OMi??

you better open an independent thread for it.

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.