Re: OMi Correlation Query (93 Views)
Regular Advisor
AshishGupta
Message 1 of 6 (156 Views)

OMi Correlation Query

Hi Experts,

I have doubt regarding the Event correlation in OMi. Data source for my event is OMW, What Specific behavior I have noticed is , for Eg my node goes down

Then Node down event( critical) is generated in OMW  and forwarded to OMI ,when node is up and running , then normal up event is generated in OMW which closes the critical Alert in OMW and OMi.

In OMW it shows both critical and Normal Alert in Acknowledged messages. But in OMI , it only shows the critical event has closed with Annotations " Acknowledged by message correlation.   KEY: "VP_SM-HeartBeatPolling {44693c22-802a-4fd7-b6ca-a8403681c46d}:16".   RELATION: "VP_SM-HeartBeatPolling {44693c22-802a-4fd7-b6ca-a8403681c46d}<*>".

I would like to see the noraml event in the OMi also , is it possible or some configuration missing from my side?

Regards,

Ashish

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 6 (149 Views)

Re: OMi Correlation Query

Check your event forwarding rules on OMW side. Do they allow forwarding "normal" events to OMi?

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
AshishGupta
Message 3 of 6 (129 Views)

Am using Default Policy which forwards all the Events from OM To OMi and I can see other normal events coming into OMI , i cannot see only the normal events which is closing the bad event. 

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 6 (121 Views)

Then check OPC_DONT_FORW_MSGKEY_ACK setting on your OMW server (namespace opc, ov resource group server).

If it's set to TRUE, change it to FALSE, and see if it makes a difference.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
AshishGupta
Message 5 of 6 (93 Views)

Thanks  Dmitry ,  I was trying to find this setting in OMW , but not able to figure it out  , i found the command to change it :

ovconfchg -ovrg server -ns opc -set OPC_DONT_FORW_MSGKEY_ACK  False

IS there a way I can see this setting , i tried to check ovconfchg -edit , there I did not fine anything ...

Regards,

Ashish

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 6 of 6 (89 Views)

I thought this setting is common for all OM flavors, but maybe it's somehow available in OML/OMU only, not sure. Sorry, I'm not an OM guy, so don't know such deep details.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation