Re: Netapp Filer monitoring with SiteScope (915 Views)
Advisor
Disha_Patel
Message 1 of 7 (973 Views)

Netapp Filer monitoring with SiteScope

Hi,

Can someone guide me how to monitor Netapps filer with SiteScope 8.9 version?

Path - \\my.servername\Path\

Disha.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
patre_abhijeet
Message 2 of 7 (965 Views)

Re: Netapp Filer monitoring with SiteScope

Hello Disha,

Yes, you can monitor Netapp LUNs with Sitescope of any version. Would like to know if these Netapp LUNs are mapped to server.

If yes, you can configure a disk space monitor and you can see the Netapp LUN in Disk /Drive drop down menu.

If you are referring to Volumes, aggregates and CIFS shares then the answer is no. SiteScope cannot monitor these entities directly however you got to write commands / Scripts to get the output from Netapp filer.

You need to enable 22 or 23 port on firewall to enable communication between Sitescope and Netapp Filer.

Regards,

Abhijeet
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Disha_Patel
Message 3 of 7 (956 Views)

Thanks for your reply Abhijeet.

Do you have Netapp Filer configured in your enviornment?

Could please provide me details  steps?

Would like to know if these Netapp LUNs are mapped to server?  Need more details? How?

Below is the complete requirement-

Site Scope configuration:
1. Site Scope will watch for the availability of the file (xyz.dat) starting 4:00 AM PST at an interval of every 1 minutes in the location \\my.server.name\path\xyz.dat
2. Site Scope will continue to watch for the availability of the file till 7:00 AM PST.
2. If the file is not available by 4:00 AM PST then Site Scope will fail and signal RED. No alert will be generated for this failure.
3. If the file is available at any time between 4:00 AM to 7:00 AM PST then Site Scope will signal GREEN.
4. The time duration Site Scope turns from RED to GREEN will give the exact resolution time of the incident received from Autosys.
5. Site Scope should be reset at 7:15 AM PST.

Disha

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Disha_Patel
Message 4 of 7 (952 Views)

Hi Abhijeet,

Ports are already open  between SiteScope and NetApp Filer Server.

I am trying to configure server for disk space monitoring its showing message - No disks accessible for server \\my netapp server.com

Disha

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
patre_abhijeet
Message 5 of 7 (931 Views)

Hello Disha,

Yes, we do have Netapp in our enviornment. LUN is nothing but a small partition of Netapp assigned to server which acts as a Local disk when mapped to server.

You cannot directly monitor Netapp using Disk Space Monitors, you need to write scripts to fetch the required output from the filer. You need to place these scripts in sitescope\scripts.remote directory.

Once done, you need to configure script monitor and select the name of the script which you have created to fetch the output from Netapp in "Remote Script Command File" in Script Monitor settings.

Again, you cannot monitor \\Netappserver\Drive.

Please do let me know if you need further help on this.

Regards,

Abhijeet
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Disha_Patel
Message 6 of 7 (924 Views)

Abhijeet,

I am not that much good in script.

Which script I need to write?

Can you provide me that script?

Disha

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
patre_abhijeet
Message 7 of 7 (915 Views)

Hello Disha,

Please touch base your Netapp admin to provide you the command to check the utilization of Volumes, LUNS and Aggregriate.

You just need to put these scripts in \sitescope\script.remote and you are done.

Regards,

Abhijeet
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation