Re: Need help in fixing the alerting issue on sitescope 11.12 (640 Views)
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 1 of 11 (659 Views)

Need help in fixing the alerting issue on sitescope 11.12

Hi Folks,

I need your help in fixing the alerting issue with my Sitescope.  I use SiteScope 11.12 for monitoring several Application server instances and we have some "Schedules" configured for an hour to prevent the SiS to monitor the Application server instances when they are getting restarted.  My Problem is that as soon as the schedule time completes, SIS is triggering "Good" alerts telling that the instances are "Good" it may not be a big deal but we dont want it to notify us the status when the schedule time over.  Requesting your help in this.  Appreciate your help!!

Lets say the "Schedule" configured in SIS is between 18:30 - 19:30 Hrs, then the "good" alerts getting triggered by ~19:31

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 2 of 11 (654 Views)

Re: Need help in fixing the alerting issue on sitescope 11.12

Unless an alert is not configured, you wont get them. Can you thoroughly check the monitor/group settings for the alerts. Perhaps in the run time settings as well.

Any of you people configured CI status alerts from BSM for these monitors? Check at both ends

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 3 of 11 (650 Views)

Thanks for your quick reply,

I know there are 2 alerts configured, one is for good and other one is for Error. But my problem is why it triggers alert as soon as the schedule time is over.

Thanks
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 4 of 11 (649 Views)

Moreover it is a standalone sitescope without any integrations. Thanks again.
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 5 of 11 (645 Views)

You have the answere there " I know there are 2 alerts configured, one is for good and other one is for Error ". As the alert condition is also set to good whenever the status of the monitor is returning to good state either from disabled/warning/error/warning state it will trigger email. Can you share the complete alert settings for these monitors.
May be you can configure a test monitor with same alert settings (one for error, one for good returning from disabled/warning... state ), you should get two mails for same monitor. One when it goes to error and other when it returns to good state.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 6 of 11 (643 Views)

Agree Sujith,

My question is even if it returns from " disabled " state, will it triggers the alert.  Actually i am in the process of migrating the old monitors setup in the Mercury SiteScope 7.9 to 11.12.  we have a situation in the earlier version that it will not trigger alerts after the schedule time. (Returning from Disabled to Enabled)

To answer your question on "May be you can configure a test monitor with same alert settings (one for error, one for good returning from disabled/warning... state ), you should get two mails for same monitor. One when it goes to error and other when it returns to good state"

Basically this setup (Alert triggers) work when the actual app/web server goes down or comes up online.  Issue is only when returning from disabled(Schedule time) state.

Thanks... 

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 7 of 11 (640 Views)

vpraveen wrote:

Agree Sujith,

My question is even if it returns from " disabled " state, will it triggers the alert. 

Yes. It will as the alert condition is matching. In the alert settings for good status, have you defined to trigger the alert from any state "disabled/warning/error and so on". If there is such a setting, you can then choose from state as "error" and to state as "good". This condition will not trigger alert if the monitor returns to good state from disabled state.
Can you share the defined alert settings for status=good
--Sujith

Honored Contributor
Rajasekhar Gundu
Message 8 of 11 (635 Views)

You can try using the Status filter condition to avoid alerts for monitor status moving from disable by Schedule/rule to good.

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 9 of 11 (628 Views)

Thanks Sujith,

I just enabled the below option for my "Good" Status trigger.

"Only alert if the monitor was previously in "ERROR" atleast "1" times.  i hope that resolve the problem"

So now my setting = good, will looks like below.

"Once the condition has occured exactly "1" times"

"Only alert if the monitor was previously in "ERROR" atleast "1" times.  i hope that resolve the problem"

I believe this will resolve the problem.. But the problem here is i may need to wait till the next occurance.

Thanks all for your help!

Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 10 of 11 (627 Views)

Hello Raj,

Thanks for your time, could you please explain a bit more about your solution if you have a minute for me!!
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 11 of 11 (622 Views)

You dont have to wait. Change the run schedule of that monitor every 2 minutes and disable that monitor for 4/5 minutes and check. This should not cause much of data loss.

If you cant do the above, create test monitor with same setting and experiment it.

--Sujith

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.