Re: NO RUM Data on BSM (1889 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 1 of 22 (1,901 Views)
Accepted Solution

NO RUM Data on BSM

Hi Experts,

Need your help here, I have set up complete RUM and the probe is also set up and I have configured a web(HTTP) profile to be monitored. BUt I am unable to see any data coming to BSM.

My RUM version is 9.12 and BSM is 9.12. 

In my RUM engine health status page I see all green. But in the Samples to Business Service Management server  page I see Connection to Business Service Management server as No status. Attached is the screenshot for the same.

Can you please help me on this.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Nivesh

Valued Contributor
Mascotte_Thomas
Message 2 of 22 (1,889 Views)

Re: NO RUM Data on BSM

try telnet from your RUM to bsm GW server at 80 port and reverse telnet at 8180.

Regards,

Mascotte

-/-\- Mascotte
"Assign the Kudos to the kind fellas to shew the appreciation"
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage
Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 3 of 22 (1,883 Views)

I am able to do telnet from both the servers and its working fine.

Regards,

Nivesh

Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 4 of 22 (1,878 Views)

Can anyone please provide urgent help on the issue.

Regards,

Nivesh

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 5 of 22 (1,864 Views)

Are you using the correct BSM server name (IP/host name), port and protocol details in RUM General Settings Pane.

Also proxy if you are using.

Can you share these logs in RUM

Engine Logs: clustermanager.log & repository.dataaccesslayer.log
Jboss and Tomcat Logs (jboss_boot.log, jboss_server.log & jboss_tomcat.log)
Core Logs: <Real User Monitor Engine root>\log\core directory.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 6 of 22 (1,859 Views)

Hi Sujith,

Yes all the parameters for the configuration have been given correctly, but still we see no data in BSM. Please find attached the logs as asked.

Please see if you can help.

Best Regards,

Nivesh

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 7 of 22 (1,843 Views)

I do see errors and warnings in the logs. can you click on the entity "Connection to Business Management Server" which is showing the qiestion mark and paste the screenshot here. It should show which internal comp[onent is having the problem.

Also, if I am right in the RUM engine admin page, there is something called "synchronise with BSM" can you click on it and let me know the outcome.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Frequent Advisor
Manpreet_Singh
Message 8 of 22 (1,839 Views)

I know its very basic but have you created an instance of RUM on BSM? you create connection on engine and then create a connection on BSM as well.

Occasional Advisor
Bharg
Message 9 of 22 (1,829 Views)

You may also want to check the publisher.log file. We have been having the same problem, and discovered that there were thousands of http 503 errors (service not available) in the publisher log, indicating that RUM was not able to communicate with the gateway because a required service was down. We still don't know what that service is, but we restarted the BSM environment and RUM began communicating with BSM successfully.

If anyone knows the name of the service that RUM talks to on the BSM Gateway server, I'd love to hear it. We would use SiteScope to monitor the status of the service if we knew its name.

Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 10 of 22 (1,816 Views)

Hi Bharg,

I do not find any errors in the publisher logs. Please find the log file attached.

Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 11 of 22 (1,813 Views)

Hi Sujith,

When I move the cursor on the link it only shows "No Status" also when i click on the synchronisation it give me synchronisation completed successfully.

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 12 of 22 (1,804 Views)

Nivesh, are you not able to click on the entity "Connection to BSM Service Management Server". If you click on it, it will show all the modules inside it and we can find out which one is having the problem. If I am right, it should have the logs which we should refer to.

--Sujith

Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 13 of 22 (1,782 Views)

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for taking out your so much of time to help me. When I click on "Connection to BSM Service Management Server" I get all green check messages. Attached is the screenshot for your reference,

Thanks,

Nivesh

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 14 of 22 (1,778 Views)

No worries. So what is the status of entity "Connection to Business Service Management server" now?

--Sujith

vdiemert
Message 15 of 22 (1,748 Views)

We are also having this issue with our engine communication to BSM. thousands of http 503 errors in the Engine publisher.log and Engine Status shows a communication error sending samples to BSM. A restart of BSM corrects the issue but that is not a long term option.

Have you identifed the BSM service that is being referred to in the error?

Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 16 of 22 (1,692 Views)

Hi Experts,

Need your help again here. Our earlier issue is resolved, the issue was that the cabling of the switch was not correctly and due to it probe was unable to capture the data. 

Now I can see all green statuses in the RUM Engine health status and I can even see the application IP address captured that I had set for monitoring in BSM under the probe discovery.

But when I check EUM reports in BSM I am still getting message No data found. Can someone please help me urgently overhere, what could the issue be.

Many Thanks,

Nivesh 

Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 17 of 22 (1,680 Views)

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please help me urgently on the below issue. 

Thanks,

Nivesh

Frequent Advisor
DannyWang
Message 18 of 22 (1,659 Views)

Did you stop discovery? You have to do so otherwise no data will report to BSM.

Did you see data in session analyzer report?

I need  the following info:

1. screenshot of probe web console landing page contains the stats.

2. capture.conf from probe.

3. engine JMX output of bbretriver -- view flow statistics

4. engine JMX output of publisher-- view flow statistics

So I can at least tell you where is the problem area

Danny Wang

Frequent Advisor
Nivesh Sharma
Message 19 of 22 (1,648 Views)

Thanks for the reply Danny. But I do not think so that stopping the probe discovery would have solved the problem, as I did so and data stopped coming to BSM.

Anyways my issue has resolved and I can see data on BSM.

Thanks all for the help.

Nivesh

Valued Contributor
Mascotte_Thomas
Message 20 of 22 (1,600 Views)

HI 

-/-\- Mascotte
"Assign the Kudos to the kind fellas to shew the appreciation"
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage
Frequent Advisor
10forever
Message 21 of 22 (1,295 Views)

Hello,

So many people spend so many time trying help you so it could be great if you can share the solution for this issue.  If someone knows why i can't see application pages in RUM Action summary please let me know. I configured pages from RUM Administration section with regular expression http://xxxx:80/yyyy.jsp?* but no page is displayed in reports except for the main page http://xxxx:80/

Many thanks in advance for you guys.

Frequent Visitor
RakeshVenkat
Message 22 of 22 (937 Views)

Hi,

When you experience the connectivity isue between RUM Engine and BSM as unknow, try stopping the engine services.

Edit the host file and update the IP - Host Name and Host Name - IP of the BSM server in RUM engine and start the services.

I had similar issue and it worked fine for me after doing these settings.

Regards

N V Rakesh

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.