NNM 9.11 Integration to BSM 9.10 (412 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (412 Views)

NNM 9.11 Integration to BSM 9.10

I have successfully integrated NNM to BSM, but I ran into an issue.  I left out the optional step of changing the "CI Type Label Definition Format" to "interface_name|mac_address".  Now when I try to change the label, it never changes the BSM view.

Does anyone have a solution?

The Optional Step I didn't do on the initial sync:

Optional. Update the RTSM for interfaces to set the interface display label to prefer interface name over MAC address:

In the BSM user interface, open the CI Type Manager page (Admin > RTSM Administration > Modeling > CI Type Manager).

In the CI Types pane, select Interface (Configuration Item > Infrastructure Element > Node Element > Interface).

On the Default Label tab in the editing pane, under CI Type Attributes, select InterfaceName.

Under CI Type Label Definition Format, set the format to: interface_name | mac_address

HP Expert
Message 2 of 4 (409 Views)

Re: NNM 9.11 Integration to BSM 9.10

Changes in the CIT configuration take effect only for new CIs (of that CIT) created after the modification. If you want to change any attributes of existing CIs you need to do it manually, or with enrichment rules. 

Occasional Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (392 Views)

Dmitry thanks for the quick response! 

Do you have the details on how to manual update the CIT's?  Is there a way to purge the NNM data from BSM then perform a resync?

HP Expert
Message 4 of 4 (368 Views)

You don't need to update CITs, you need to update CIs. Open CI property from anywhere you want, e.g. from ITU, and populate User Label attribute accordingly.

As for removing a specific set of CIs, it also can be done by enrichment rules.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.