Re: Missing UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services parameter on JMX console (362 Views)
Frequent Advisor
switchblaze
Message 1 of 4 (398 Views)

Missing UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services parameter on JMX console

[ Edited ]

Hi Experts,

We have a HP BSM 9.22 installed in Windows Server 2008 R2.
I am trying to integrate the UCMDB 10.01 with the BSM 9.22, according to the product manual page 62 (attached), I should be able to find the UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services parameter in the BSM's JMX console, but I couldn't find it. 

Previously we were able to integrate the UCMDB with this BSM but something went wrong with the BSM and we decided to reinstall it. After reinstallation, to prevent re-doing the configuration for SLAs, views, etc, I connected the BSM to the existing RTSM and RTSM history DB schema (the schema used for the previous BSM before it was being reinstalled).

now the UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services is missing so I cannot proceed with UCMDB integration

please help

Thanks

HP Expert
AsiGarty
Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

Re: Missing UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services parameter on JMX console

Hi,

Please first make sure your RTSM(odb) is up using the BSM status program shortcut.
One you are sure it up, try to login to the JMX console under your DPS.

Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 3 of 4 (367 Views)

Re: Missing UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services parameter on JMX console

I would say you selected quite a strange manual to integrate UCMDB and BSM. All the information is available in the regular Data Flow Management guides for either UCMDB or BSM.

Anyway UCMDB is set as the global ID generator by default, so I don't understand why someone would need to access UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services in JMX console. It would make sense if you integrated 2 UCMDB or 2 BSM instances, but not 1 UCMDB and 1 BSM.

HP Expert
AsiGarty
Message 4 of 4 (362 Views)

I agree it’s not directly related to integration with CMS, however we do suggest turning on global ID generation under RTSM for specific cases where RTSM functions as the CMS or in MOM deployments.
In such cases CMS should not be the GID generator.

I’m not sure this is the case here...

Anyway this should be accessed under the DPS JMX and not the GW

For more details I suggest to have a look at the RTSM best practices guide which is released with your BSM documentation