Microsoft SQL server and Oracle Solution template configuration (6603 Views)
Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 1 of 25 (6,603 Views)
Accepted Solution

Microsoft SQL server and Oracle Solution template configuration

Hi Expert,

Can you please explain/give me the information about to fill the follow details on Sitescope Solution templates:

I have a server name/VM IP and Login access on the databse. 

Please help to fill the above details.

For Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2

SQL_Instance_Name

SQL_SERVER_LOGIN

SQL_SERVER_PASSWORD

SQL_SERVER_URL

SQL_AGENT_SERVICE_NAME

SQL_SERVER_SERVICE_NAME

For Oracle Database 9i and 10g and 11g

DatabaseConnectionURL

DatabaseDriver

DatabasePassword

DatabaseUserName

OracleAlertLogPath

OracleListnerLogPath

OracleLogFileEncoding

Thanks and Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 2 of 25 (6,576 Views)

Re: Microsoft SQL server and Oracle Solution template configuration

Binod,

Here is an explanation of the information that we are looking for in the fields that you have mentioned in your last post.

For Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2

SQL_Instance_Name ( When looking in the services control panel and you locate you MSSQL service you will see that the instance name will come after that in (  ). For example SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)

SQL_SERVER_LOGIN (This is the username that you would like to specify to log into the SQL server with)

SQL_SERVER_PASSWORD (This is the password for the username that you specified in the SQL)SERVER_LOGIN variable)

SQL_SERVER_URL ( You would put in the JDBC connection URL to access the database with. For example jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://${host}:${port}

SQL_AGENT_SERVICE_NAME  ( The service name of SQLServerAgent applies to the Agent service associated with a default instance.)

SQL_SERVER_SERVICE_NAME ( This is the name is the name of the SQL service name in the services control panel in Windows.)

For Oracle Database 9i and 10g and 11g

DatabaseConnectionURL ( You would put in the JDBC connection URL to access the database with. For example jdbc:oracle:thin:@[host]:[port1521]:[sid]

DatabaseDriver ( This is the JDBC database driver path for the Oracles JDBC driver that you must install on SiteScope)

DatabasePassword ( This is the password for the user account you have specified to access the Oracle database.)

DatabaseUserName (This is username you have specified to access the Oracle database.)

OracleAlertLogPath ( The full path to the Oracle alert.log file (for Windows machines, this should be the full UNC path).

OracleListnerLogPath ( The full path to the Oracle listener.log file (for Windows machines, this should be the full UNC path).

OracleLogFileEncoding (This is the file encoding that you would like Sitescope to use when reading the log files. By default this is UTF-8 and  doesn't need to be changed in most cases)

Hopefully this will assist you in deploying these templates.

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 3 of 25 (6,551 Views)

Hi Joe,

Thanks for reply,

can you pleased tell me that where i will get information about database Connection URL for SQL server and Oracle.

You mentioned that Oracle JDBC driver should installed on site scope .
How can i install?
can you elaborate more on this

Thanks and regards,
Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Battushi
Message 4 of 25 (6,546 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I would try to answer your questions too :)

1. Can you please tell me that where i will get information about database Connection URL for SQL server and Oracle.

This information is provided from the owner/ creator for every JDBC Driver. Then the URL connection sentence for MS is located in the documents from Microsoft JDBC Driver. For Oracel JDCB Driver is located in Oracle.

In Oracle:

Database Connection URL: jdbc:oracle.thin:@HOSTSERVER/SID

Database Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle

In Microsoft JDBC:

Database Connection URL: jdbc:sqlserver://servername:port;integratedSecurity=true;

Database Driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

2. You mentioned that Oracle JDBC driver should installed on siteScope. How can i install?

I recommend you to read this topic:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/SiteScope-Support-Customer-Forum/How-to-use-oracle-driver-on-Database-m...

there tells you which driver you must to install, how to install, and how to configure an oracle JDBC Driver for SiteScope 11.x

For Microsoft JDBC SQL Driver, please read this topic:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/SiteScope-Support-Customer-Forum/DB-Query-monitor-in-11-20-works-32bit-...

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 5 of 25 (6,530 Views)

Hi,

I have done all the configuration according to your steps.

Following Error is Coming:

Deployment Summary for Template 'SiteScope\Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2' :

Template Deployment Failed at 'SiteScope\AM-VMs Monitoring\Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Server 192.168.174.219'
Details:

Problematic template entity: 'Monitoring database mirroring on $$SERVER_DISPLAY_NAME$$', error encountered: Parameter error occurred propertyNo Counters Selected or Available

Problematic template entity: 'Replication monitoring on $$SERVER_DISPLAY_NAME$$', error encountered: Parameter error occurred propertyNo Counters Selected or Available

Problematic template entity: 'Processor time on $$SERVER_DISPLAY_NAME$$', error encountered: Error Code: 31000.  Error Description: SiteScope encountered a general exception, Class: APIMonitor, Method: setMonitorProperties. Error Code: 10014.  Error Description: Unable to retrieve counters:
Error: Failed to enum objects on host \\192.168.174.219. Error code : 800007D0.

Can you pleased tell me how can i resolve this error.

And after that i can deploy the MSSQL SERVer 2008 R2 successfully.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Battushi
Message 6 of 25 (6,526 Views)

Hello,

that is an error in the template, wrong configuration of the template / wrong modification,

please, can you check if the server are you trying to access is UP and reachable from SiteScope? During the solution template deployment, do not select the verfy monitor properties with server checkbox in the last step.

Also,  can you upload screenshots of the steps you follow to deploy/create the template and the template in order to check if everything is fine in the template?

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 7 of 25 (6,524 Views)

Hi Battushi,

Thanks for Reply,

I am using Solution Template for deploy MIcrosoft SQL Server 2008 R2.

I have tried  Host server is UP and running.

I have attcahed the screen shot.

Please find the attchment.

Thanks,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 8 of 25 (6,507 Views)

Binod,

Could you please try something for me and let me know if this allows you to deploy the template. Go in and edit the template and find all the places where the $$SERVER_DISPLAY_NAME$$ is located and change it to $$SERVER_NAME$$. Then try to deploy the template again and let me know if you encounter the same error. Also could you let me know what version of Sitescope you are currently trying to deploy this under.

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 9 of 25 (6,497 Views)

Hi Joe,

Thanks For Response,

I tries this one also with $$Server_NAME$$, But Again i am getting an error.

PFA for Error Screenshot.

Thanks and Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 10 of 25 (6,491 Views)

Binod,

Thank you for the reply, could you also tell me what version of SiteScope you are having this issue.

Joe Berant
HP Support

Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 11 of 25 (6,488 Views)

Hi,

Sitescope version is 11.20

Thanks

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 12 of 25 (6,485 Views)

Binod,

Thank you for the information. I would like to take the template out of the equation for a moment and see if we are dealing with another issue like connectivity or that we may be putting in a wrong value in the template somewhere. Could you create an SQL monitor in SiteScope against this remote and see if you are able to connect and bring back counters with an individual monitor and get information for one of the counters it is havinga problem with?

Joe Berant
HP Support

Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 13 of 25 (6,481 Views)

Hi Joe

I have checked the Microsoft SQL server Monitor and DataBase Query Monitor and its Running fine and also showing the Available counter.

And I also tried The DataBase Connection Tool And DataBase Information Tool and its running correctly.

Please check the Attachment for Tools Output Value.

Thanks and Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Battushi
Message 14 of 25 (6,474 Views)

Hello,

Maybe the problem comes because SiteScope is trying to connect with local System rights to the remote server...

As I see in the screenshots and in the template, SiteScope only "have problem" with Microsoft SQL Server Monitor. Then, can we try to change to Domain administrator account the user who uses sitescope to run the service? Can you change this in Services?

"HP Support
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 15 of 25 (6,471 Views)

Binod,

Would you have some time today or tomorrow to have a brief virtual room session with me so that I could look at this closer with you? It seems like we are missing something minor in order to get this to work for you and I believe a brief session may clear things up. Let me know if you are available today and I will send you the details.

Joe Berant
HP Support

Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 16 of 25 (6,467 Views)

Hi Joe,

Thanks ,

Please connect with me by tomorrow after 11PM by GMT +5:30(India).

I am leaving my office today.

Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 17 of 25 (6,462 Views)

Binod,

I am in the office at 7:00am MDT (6:30pm IST). If you will not be able to meet at that time could you send me a screen shot of the properties screen of the Microsoft SQL monitor that you had created and can get the counters for? Also could you let me know what account your SiteScope service runs as ( local system, domain admin etc.)? Your SiteScope service account should be running as a user that has permissions to the database. However if you are able to create the individual SQL server monitor it is most likely running as a user that has permissions. In the remote definition that you have created could you tell me whether you are using netbios or WMI as your connection method? 

Joe Berant
HP Support

Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 18 of 25 (6,444 Views)

Hi Joe_B,

I have admin access in sitescope and DataBase access. I can Access The DataBase file.

I have attached the Counter Properties for Microsoft SQL Server In JPG format Please find the attachment.

I have used WMI method to connect with Remote Server for Microsoft SQL server Monitor.

Thanks

Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 19 of 25 (6,436 Views)

[ Edited ]

Binod,

Thank you for the reply. Could you  try changing your remote from WMI to netbios and see if we get any better results trying to deploy this template? Also I am not sure how much time you have left in your day but I can meet now if you would like to try and look at this over a virtual room?

Joe Berant
HP Support

Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 20 of 25 (6,427 Views)

Hi Joe,

Thanks

Ya I am available here for next one an hour.

Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 21 of 25 (6,421 Views)

Binod,

I have just sent you a private message with the webex details. I am in the meeting room now.

Joe Berant
HP Support

HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 22 of 25 (6,417 Views)

Binod,

I saw that you had dropped from our meeting. I wanted to see if you were going to re-join so we could look at this a bit further?

Joe Berant
HP Support

Regular Advisor
Binod_Kumar
Message 23 of 25 (6,407 Views)

Hi All,

A heartily Thankful to all for giving precious time,contribution and giving useful information,

Now I am able to deploy the solution Templates by removing 2-3 Monitor,

Hi Joe yesterday was a some privacy concerns so that I have disconnected please don't mind, Thanks a lot for giving a time and information to deploy the solution templates.

I  hope that all of you will help me in future too for any further Technical problem.

Regards,

Binod

Thanks in advance

Regard,
Binod
HP Expert
Joe_B
Message 24 of 25 (6,400 Views)

Binod,

No problem at all I completely understand and I am glad that it is now working for you. Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this otherwise have a good weekend.

Regards,

Joe Berant
HP Support

HP Expert
Battushi
Message 25 of 25 (6,395 Views)

Hello,

Joe_B will be great if you so a sumary what you as done on the remote session for future customers :)

"HP Support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.