Log File Monitoring Question (72 Views)
Super Advisor
Edward Fultz
Message 1 of 1 (72 Views)

Log File Monitoring Question

I have a one line log file that contains information on the most recent test that was run.  I know the log file monitor will return me the contents of the line - I have it doing that.  But when I run a report I am only able to see the results of the last test.  I had a script monitor running with my Linux version and when I did a report I saw the contents that was returned by the script on each test in the report.  I am converting to Windows and I can, I suppose, convert my perl script to a BAT script but was thinking Log File monitor might be more correct.  Am I just hitting a limitation of the monitor?  If I ask for details when I do the report I see the 4 fields I am returning (with my regex) but they are not populated.

This is the file I am reading

RESTORED;0;2011/07/13 10:37:27;2011/07/13 10:37:37 

This is the regex I am using - and it seems to be working (I have defined 4 field names to match the returned values)

/(\w+);(\d+);(\d\d\d\d/\d\d/\d\d \d\d:\d\d:\d\d);(\d\d\d\d/\d\d/\d\d \d\d:\d\d:\d\d)/

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation