Link check monitor not reports all broken links (231 Views)
Occasional Advisor
vpraveen
Message 1 of 4 (231 Views)

Link check monitor not reports all broken links

I have a problem with sitescope 11.13.  I use Link check monitor to crawl the entire website with the limit of 1.L links and i see few errors getting reported, but unfortunately this doesn't let me see the complete list of the broken links either using Report or directly from dashboard.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
ppaul
Message 2 of 4 (187 Views)

Re: Link check monitor not reports all broken links

Me too searching for the same. So please let me know, once you find the solution of this.

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 3 of 4 (181 Views)

hi, please check if this is your issue.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I41236

Please note that a fix would be planned for SS 11.2x and later versions ONLY.

Oterwise upload a screenshot.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 4 (177 Views)

Hi,

Actually this is an ER, link check monitor by design will tell you how many broken links are found but not which ones.

This is the ER code: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I38545

Seem like it was completed in 11.22 with introduction of new link check tool:

added to "Requested Enhancements" section in the SIS 11.22 release notes:

"The Link Check Tool is available when configuring the Link Check monitor to verify all the internal and external links on a Web page to ensure that they can be reached. The tool reports all links and their status, and the results can be exported to an Excel or PDF file."

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.