Lifespan of alarms in BAC (22 Views)
Advisor
David Johannsson
Message 1 of 4 (22 Views)

Lifespan of alarms in BAC

How are alarms from EUM and Sitescope handled within BAC?

When an alarm has been raised by either EUM or Sitscope when dose it return to normal?

Can an alarm be acknowledged within BAC?

Are alarms stored indefinitly and can they be viewed for historical reference any time?
Honored Contributor
Mario Morelli
Message 2 of 4 (22 Views)

Re: Lifespan of alarms in BAC

Hi David

It all depends how you set up the alert, it will trigger according to how you set up the trigger criteria. e.g once a transaction fails more than 2 times in a row. it will stay in that state up until the transaction is passing again. You can then setit up so that it sends out a follow up email to the alert recipients informing them that the transaction is no longer failing.

Also I am not at my desk at the moment to check but you can acknowledge alerts, and the alerts are stored for a while. I am not sure exactly how long but you can set that as well.

-_Regards
--Mario
Advisor
David Johannsson
Message 3 of 4 (22 Views)

Can you tell me where I would find the settings for tweaking for how long alarms are kept?

Is it per RUM or system wide?
Honored Contributor
Mario Morelli
Message 4 of 4 (22 Views)

Hi David

I think teh alerts and alert log is system wide but other data is open to what you want to change. Under Admin>>Platform data partitioning and purging. Have a look there as to what you need.

--Regards
--Mario
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.