KPi propagation (285 Views)
Advisor
marc555
Message 1 of 4 (285 Views)

KPi propagation

Hi,

I use BSM9.13, I have created a custom citype with a custom CI in rtsm. I would like to link this CI to a BPM transaction so when transaction is green the custom CI inherits of the same KPI.

How can I do that in term of relationship, enrichment etc... between the BPM transaction and my custom CI.

Any advise?

Regards,

Marc

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: KPi propagation

it is better if you create your new CIT under existing CIT, so you will inherit its propagation rules. anyway, if you choose not to, then you need to make sure there is "imapcted_by" link between your CI and the transaction. this is calculated link. if not, then you need to add triplet for it in the CIT manager.

please note that KPIs are propagated only during the creation of the link, so if you dont have "impacted_by" and you are adding the triplet AFTER the original link was already there, then KPI will not propagate. you will need to re-create the link and this time the KPI will propagate.

Advisor
marc555
Message 3 of 4 (228 Views)

Thank's a lot Asaf, (sorry I was not notified that you replied)

I would like some clarification about the links.

So I need first to create a link between CIT business transaction and my Custom CIT

Is there a priviledged link type to create (composition, containment etc...)?

If I'd like to have my custom CI updated by CIT business transaction, I need to create a link from custom CIT to CIT business transaction or the opposite?

Then after I need to create a triplet between CIT business transaction and my custom CIT ?

Regards,

Marc

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)

each link has different meaning (for example: composition means when source CI is deleted then target CI will be deleted too, or containment means ownership so the child will be part of downtime if defined on the parent CI).
same for the direction of the link.
bottom line - it depends on the use case. I am not sure I can help much here.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.