Re: Java Heap Space (1166 Views)
Frequent Advisor
sfee
Message 1 of 4 (1,358 Views)
Accepted Solution

Java Heap Space

We see the java heap to ran out on our ejbcontainer

2012-06-01 07:16:08,767 INFO  - HEAP - [USAGE: 1292.8, FREE: 0.0, TOTAL: 1292.8, MAX: 1292.8]; PERM - [USAGE: 297.0, FREE: 202.9, MAX: 500.0]; CLASSES - [Loaded: 44560(93.1 MB), Unloaded: 4807(8.5 MB), Left: 39753(84.6 MB)]; THREADS - [Count: 323

Does anybody know where do I increase the size for this particular module?

Thanks

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 2 of 4 (1,353 Views)

Re: Java Heap Space

Hi sfee,

if it's in <BSM>\log\EJBContainer\... the failing process is MercuryAS.

You can increase the values in <BSM>\bin\mercuryAS_vm_params.ini

assuming that this is BSM 9.x, the change however is overwritten each time you restart BSM.

To increase the values permanently you need to increase the settings in BSM Server Deployment,

by changing (for example) Users or Model from Small to Medium.

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Advisor
Karl Brenner
Message 3 of 4 (1,172 Views)

Hi All,

I seem to have a similar issue, but I get an error saying that there is not enough memory available to run the SonicMQ client. It says please increase the the amount of heap memory available to the virtual Machine. 

Is this a setting I can change in the jmx-console and if yes what is it called please? The system is no longer starting.

Thnaks,

Karl

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 4 of 4 (1,166 Views)

Hi Karl,

SonicMQ client??

Can you please post the complete error message, and the name of the logfile you found it in.

Also, if we are talking BAC/BSM, what version are you running, and on what platform?

What is the configuration of the VM you have the software running on?

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.