Re: Integrate SIM events into BAC (286 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Dominic Brunetti
Message 1 of 6 (305 Views)

Integrate SIM events into BAC

Hi all,

What is the preferred approach to get HP SIM events to display in the BAC dashboard/console? Is there a simple way to integrate the two? We are using BAC 8.03.

Thanks,
Dominic
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 6 (305 Views)

Re: Integrate SIM events into BAC

Getting events from SIM DB with SiteScope DB Technology Integration monitor seems to be the easiest way. It proved to work many times in the past. An alternative may be SNMP Traps that SIM sends to SiteScope and SNMP Trap Technology Integration monitor processes the traps.
Occasional Contributor
Dominic Brunetti
Message 3 of 6 (305 Views)

Is there any documentation on writing the queries, etc?
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 6 (305 Views)

This integration is not productized, so no official documentation exists. HP Software Professional Services have some unofficial docs created by consultants who implemented the integration at customers sites. But apparently those docs are not supposed to be shared on a public forum.
Occasional Contributor
Dominic Brunetti
Message 5 of 6 (305 Views)

Hmmm... since we did our whole install with Prof. services I wonder if they would give us the document. Integrating SIM was out of scope for their visit however now that we've been running for a bit we are realizing we need these SIM events on our console.

Advisor
OpenView_Mike
Message 6 of 6 (286 Views)

I would LOVE to have these unofficial documents, as I need to integrate SIM with BAC for a client.

Can someone send them to me, please, or give me some contact information, as to who to contact in HP Professional Services to get them?

Thanks,

~ Mike

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.