Re: Integrate Dashbaord/Service with Sharepoint (384 Views)
Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 1 of 6 (405 Views)
Accepted Solution

Integrate Dashbaord/Service with Sharepoint

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

I have requirement here to Integrate BSM Dashbaord with Sharepoint , Where i need to feed data from BSM to this sharepoint

I am working with the Sharepoint Developers and i have provieded them a Dashbaord View and have provided them URL for a specific view in a XML Format . But what i am been requested is   if there is a seperate URL/Webpage only for Dashbaord Component . I am aware of the seeprate URL for RTSM and OMi Event Browser , But do we have a seperate URL for only Dasshbaord ?

For example OMi Event Browser has  http://<BSM_GW>/opr-console/opr-evt-browser . Is there something specific for Dashboard similarly ?

Or

Do we have any documentation avaialble for similar integration with BSM and Sharepoint for Dashbaords ?

Regards

Bilal Aman

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 2 of 6 (384 Views)

Re: Integrate Dashbaord/Service with Sharepoint

Service Health exposes an API to query its database for view information and data.

See the attached Extensibility Guide > Service Health > Service Health External APIs > Service Health Database Query API (page 52)

The API will return requested data in XML format which can easily be formatted into any desired format.

Hope this helps,

PatW

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)

Have you tried using the MyBSM (create a page with any components/layout you want to put in Sharepoint) and then click on "Link to this page" and import the URL into Sharepoint?

You can also use the "embedded link" checkbox, which will remove the BSM framework.

Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 4 of 6 (365 Views)

Pat

This is how i get that imported into XML and ii can provide them this in XML format , But they want it UI  format

Asaf

How do i get to " Link to this Page "  ? and the Sharepoint Developers want to have BSM framework as they dont want to rebuild them and they want to use the BSM Framework

Regards

Bilal Aman

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 5 of 6 (361 Views)

I dont remember if it is in Admin or Help menu, but one of them...

if they want to use BSM framework for the portal, then your question doesnt make sense. it means they want to integrate Sharepoint INTO MyBSM and not vice-verse.

just create 2 URLs with and without the "embedded link" and see what you get.

Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 6 of 6 (354 Views)

Asaf

I know that is how i even felt ,because the developers dont want to recreate the UI and they want to use the bSm framework when accessing the Dashbaord so that they work is reduced

However i got that under Admin , Thanks for your help

Regards

Bilal Aman

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.