How to validate RUM data (i.e make sure that times are accurate) (113 Views)
Advisor
SergioB
Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

How to validate RUM data (i.e make sure that times are accurate)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am trying to validate response times I get with RUM.

What I did was generate some actions from my laptop to an application configured in RUM. In My laptop I used fiddler (HTTP debugging proxy) and then compared the results.

Both RUM and fiddler show the same components but at the end, regarding response time..they are close but do not match.

Fiddler total response time is ~1 seconds higher.

Is there a way to validate this data with another software? Has anyone attempted this with fiddler or any other application?

We are very interested in validating how 'accurate' is RUM but so far, not so accurate.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: How to validate RUM data (i.e make sure that times are accurate)

RUM is a server side solution. So for example some time to render a page in the browser may be  out of scope for RUM. Measuring on the server side is a close approximation of the measurement on the client side, but it may not be 100% the same. Read "Overview of HP Real User Monitor Performance Measurements" in the RUM Administration guide if you want to know more on how RUM measures page download time.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation