How to update profile DB password in hp bsm 9.22 (575 Views)
Advisor
Rufeng Xu-Friedman
Message 1 of 4 (575 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to update profile DB password in hp bsm 9.22

My profile DB password expired.  I tried to update the password in the GUI, but BSM locks it faster than I can unlock.

I would like to change the password in the DB directly by changing the DBtype to 0.  However, in 9.22 DB, I am not able to change this value anymore. 

ORA-02291: integrity constraint (DEVBSM_MANAGEMENT.SESSIONS_DBTYPE_FK) violated - parent key not found

Does anyone have any advice how I can update the password for the profile DB?

Thanks,

Rufeng

Rufeng
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 4 (558 Views)

Re: How to update profile DB password in hp bsm 9.22

Try to disable this constraint, do your change with DBtype, and then re-enable the constraint.

HP Expert
EShaffer
Message 3 of 4 (549 Views)

Hi Rufeng,

The SESSION_DBTYPE field in the SESSIONS table has nothing to do with password encryption.

It tells BSM what type of database server the profile database is running on (Oracle or SQL-Server).  That's why you can't change it to zero.  The only real valid options for that field are 2 or 3 (1 is valid for historical reasons, but any current system is only going to have a value of 2 or 3).

The field you want to modify is called SESSION_DBETYPE.

However, the correct way to make this change is to do it thru the BSM UI, in the Manage Profile Databases menu.  You have the ability to modify both the User name and password there.

Eric Shaffer

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Advisor
Rufeng Xu-Friedman
Message 4 of 4 (534 Views)

Dmitr and Eric,

Thank you very much for your help. 

Eric, you are rigt.  The column is SESSION_DBETYPE not SESSION_DBTYPE.  The issue is resolved now.

To answer your question about updating it from GUI.  I did try to update via GUI, but BSM locks the id faster than I can get to.  So I had to change it in the DB first before starting up the BSM services.

Thanks again for all your prompt help.

Rufeng

Rufeng
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.