Re: How to set up Baseline in EUM Reports? (346 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 1 of 4 (376 Views)

How to set up Baseline in EUM Reports?

Hi all

I would like to setup baseline information in EUM reports. For this purpose i have read the according chapters in the different BSM documents. For Baselining an Analytics Database seems to be required.

We are not using SHA. But i assume we can still setup an Analytics database just for the purpose of baselining. From there on is there anything else we need to configure in order to get baseline infromation in the different EUM reports? I wasn't able to find any details on how to configure baselining in the BSM documentation.

Thanks a lot for the help

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 4 (358 Views)

Re: How to set up Baseline in EUM Reports?

for BPM baseline you don't need SHA license, you get it for free within BSM.

you need to configure you BSM with baseline (under Server Deployment), you need to create Analytics DB and then you need to configure each Business Application that you want to have baseline on (in EUM Admin, in the thresholds settings).

then you just need to wait 1-2 weeks until the baseline engine collected enough data.

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 3 of 4 (356 Views)

thanks for the reply. i have enabled baseline in the server deployment and connected an analytics DB.

can you confirm that in EUM i will have to calculate the baseline threshold and then apply them to every application i would like to use baseline functionality? with this we should then use the suggested baseline thresholds and see the baseline in the EUM reports.

so using the thresholds and seeing the baseline in the report is directly linked?

thanks for your help
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)

you are not even in the direction...

the Suggested Thresholds is the "old" baseline. it is static and you set (and calculate) it based on application and time frame that you select.

baseline is automatic calculation and runs all the time. you just need to enable it by selecting the "Baseline Thresholds" radio button.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation