Re: How to configure pop-up alerts in BSM (580 Views)
Regular Advisor
archana_shyamsunder
Message 1 of 6 (632 Views)

How to configure pop-up alerts in BSM

Hi Experts,

Can we configure pop-up alerts in BSM? Please advise how.

Regards,

Archana

Frequent Advisor
Ashish_Gupta
Message 2 of 6 (605 Views)

Re: How to configure pop-up alerts in BSM

Can you please elaborate  your requirement ?

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 3 of 6 (584 Views)

Hi,

When you have your alert configured to generate events for them, it's possible to have a sound notifications for new events. See the option in Infrastructure Settings > Operations Management :

Operations Management - User Interface Settings 

Sound Notification for New Events Play sound notification for new events. When loading an event browser, this setting is used unless the user has defined alternative behavior in the browser options.

Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 4 of 6 (580 Views)

i would recommend to set up a customized 360 dashboard. for example you can setup a 360 view with filters which will only display CIs which have s specifc status (in your case Critical). assuming normal opperations your 360 dashboard will be emtpy. as soon as an event gets assigned to a CI you will see the KPI Unassigned Event go red which will give your CI a Ciritcal status which will make it show up in the 360 view.

in general i think this is a very good way to build a view which will only show relevant data in BSM

Regular Advisor
archana_shyamsunder
Message 5 of 6 (566 Views)

Thanks All, I've tried the sound optiona and also the 360 view but the request is still to have a pop-up when a new event comes in I guess this is not possible.

Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 6 of 6 (558 Views)

I don't think that such an option is availabe. You could only customize it via a custom EPI rule
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.