Re: How to automatically load scripts into BAC (500 Views)
Collector
dgme919
Message 1 of 5 (540 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to automatically load scripts into BAC

Hi, I have scripts on a space (my C: drive), is there a ways that I can automatically load these (and updates also automatic afterwards) load these in BAC (and activate them in validation packs),

thanks for your reply,

Guido Mertens, AXA Belgium

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 2 of 5 (528 Views)

Re: How to automatically load scripts into BAC

No such option exists. You need to upload the scrip to script repository manually.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Honored Contributor
Rajasekhar Gundu
Message 3 of 5 (513 Views)

Hello Guido,

The VuGen scripts are loded onto BSM Database upon uploading them through BSM interface. They are stored in custom transformed text format which will only be processed by BSM. We can't do any kind of gimmick to load the scripts from a specific location automatically.

Also, I am wondering what is your actual reason behind such thought. Scirpt upload/update is not so hard process or not much time taking. So can you provide if you have any specific reason/cause behind such requisition, so that we can think of alternatives.

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
Collector
dgme919
Message 4 of 5 (500 Views)

Hi, in fact this is a question in a bigger picture. At AXABelgium we have a strong configuration management and release management way of working. We have corporate releases and all configuration items that must be maintained/build/deployed are under control of the serena configuration management tool Dimensions CM.

I will give a practical example:

- for the application AXAHomeBanking are all java sources and gererated ear files in dilmensions CM

- the ear file is deployed with dimensions CM to the needed servers for each environment

- when the dry-run of the release is executed in the pre-production environment, we have all the content of that release in dimensions CM so that we can automate the deploy/activation

- the same is done for production.

Now we want to extent this with the BAC scripts that are changed for that release and that are executed after the deploy to pre-production and production (this gives a view that the system is working or not).

By storing the scripts in Dimensions CM we have 1 view where all the items to deploy are stored and we do not have to investigate each system seperatly. We can then also automate this:

- first deploy the application

- then deploy the BAC scripts and activate them in the validation packs

- then execute the Validation packs

The content of Dimensions CM is also available on a NAS space and due to the fact that Dimensions Cm can launch actions after the deploy, we can launch scripts that can upload the changed/new scripts into BAC and activate them in the validations packs (if command to do this are available).

in the attachment you will fidn a small presentation to visualise this. If you have any quation, you can always cann me on my mobile +32 478 88 89 84

Honored Contributor
Rajasekhar Gundu
Message 5 of 5 (481 Views)

Hello Guido,

If the requirement is mainly to copy scripts from a location to BAC then, one option is to script this activity (Open BAC - Go to central repository - Checkout a script - Checkin with new scrip from local drive or shared drive - Update the profile script version).

If there is any predefined schedule with which a script gets updated, then the same can be set as a scheduled job or to run on a BPM machine with the required schedule. But this has to be done for each application monitoring script separately in initial phase.

This can practiced for the scrips which have frequent updates. Other than this, I don' t see any other alternative.

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.