How to Install SITESCOPE_11.20 in Windows server (215 Views)
Advisor
Nithyaraj
Message 1 of 5 (215 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to Install SITESCOPE_11.20 in Windows server

[ Edited ]

Dear experts,

Good Morning......"Have a Great Day".

Iam new in this community,

I download the below mentioned two setup.

1.Software_HP_SiteScope_11.20_for_Windows_2008_and_Windows_2003_32Bit_on_64Bit_T8354-15014-01

2.Software_HP_SiteScope_11.20_for_Windows_2008_and_Windows_2003_T8354-15014-02

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THIS TWO SETUP ARE AVAILABLE....IS IT ANY COMPATIBILTY ? WHICH ONE SHALL I PREFER.

Any experts please  guide me to install sitescope 11.20 version in windows server 2008 R2 enterprise edition

I have plan to install the sitescope in my BSM machince , we have two server for BSM 1.gateway 2.Data processing server.

please suggest also  in which server should i use to install the sitescope 

The Purpose of  installing  the sitescope to monitor Jboss Application server and webshpere MQ , so please share any doc how to configure to Mointor  as well 

send me any document for my reference of how to install sitescope  11.20 

Iam waiting for your reply.

Thanks& regards

E.Nithyaraj

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
jmmirchev
Message 2 of 5 (190 Views)

Re: How to Install SITESCOPE_11.20 in Windows server

Hi Nithyaraj,

First the two windows instalations are dependend on the platform you wanted to install them on , whether it is 32 or 64 bit Windows.

The first instalation, 32Bit_on_64Bit, is used when you want to install 32 bit SiS on a 64 bit windows.

If you are to install a 32 bit SiS on a 32 bit windows or 64 Sis on 64 bit Windows platform you need to use the second one (the OS will be detected automatically by the installer and the proper instalation will be selected automatically).

As for the monitors you can find a detailed information and description in the monitor reference guide (or in the helps section  <SiS_server:port>/SiteScope/sisdocs/doc_lib/SiteScope_Help.htm, after the installation).

As for thei nstallation instructions please refer to the SiS deployment guide : http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1399200

I hope this helps, let me know if you had further questions.

Wish you a nice Friday!

Yordan

Yordan Mirchev
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Battushi
Message 3 of 5 (180 Views)

Hello,

I would try to summary all your questions :)

Actually they are 3 instalations for SiteScope on Windows platforms

64 bits

32 bits

32 bits on 64 bit platform

The first file you download is to install a SiteScope 32 bits on a platform 64 bits (be carefull with Windows 2003 64 bits)

the second file you download is to install a SiteScope 32 bit or 64 bits

Depends of what are you like to monitor, maybe you're more interested to install a 64 bits version or 32 bits versions.

"I have plan to install the sitescope in my BSM machince , we have two server for BSM 1.gateway 2.Data processing server"

It's supported, but from my point of view not very recommended. Take in consideration, BSM Gateway and BSM DPS are processing all time a lot of information. If you really like to install on a BSM Server, I think the better option is to install it on GateWay server.

"The Purpose of  installing  the sitescope to monitor Jboss Application server and webshpere MQ , so please share any doc how to configure to Mointor  as well "

You can found information about Jboss Application Server and Websphere MQ on SiteScope Monitor Reference.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1399204/binary/SIS11.20_MonitorReference.pdf

However those 2 monitors uses a lot of memory.

Deployment Guide is for SiteScope instalation:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1399200/binary/SIS11.20_Deployment.pdf

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nithyaraj
Message 4 of 5 (174 Views)

Thank you very for update  Yordan

Let me refer the link as you provide if any questions let you know.

Thanks& Regards

E.Nithiyaraj

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nithyaraj
Message 5 of 5 (172 Views)

Thank you for update.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation