How can I schedule a VUGen script to run in BSM9.2? (314 Views)
Occasional Contributor
peter7431
Message 1 of 8 (314 Views)

How can I schedule a VUGen script to run in BSM9.2?

Hello I am brand new to this environment and my boss asked me to figure this out.

I have recorded a script in VUGen and exported it as a zip file. Now I am logged into our BSM web GUI as an administrator but cannot figure out how to schedule this script to run every 30 minutes and report a pass/fail. Any help is appreciated very much.

Thanks,

Peter

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 8 (305 Views)

Re: How can I schedule a VUGen script to run in BSM9.2?

In a nutshell, you need to install BPM first, then upload your script in the Script Repository under EUM Admin and create an application with BPM monitoring configuration.

BSM 9.20 Application Administration Guide, chapter 4 "End User Management" is what you need to read to understand what you need to do.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
peter7431
Message 3 of 8 (303 Views)

Thanks for your quick reply. Do you know where can I download BSM 9.20 Application Administration Guide? Google doesn't come up with it.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 8 (294 Views)

Google???

You work with a software product from HP. You login to BSM and use Help menu item to get access to all product documentation.

And you can also download product documentation from HP Support site - http://support.openview.hp.com/

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Syed Uzair D Hashmi
Message 5 of 8 (269 Views)

If you are not able to figure out things from Help file under BSM environment. Then visit the Support site listed below but to access it you need to have SAID value given by HP to your Organization.

Register yourself and select the Product suites you need to use the Product Manuals section (under Service Request) to view/download the pdfs that can help you understand what the process is.

You can download Scripts from Admin -> End User Management & can also view details from Admin -> Platform -> Central Script Repository

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DJohn
Message 6 of 8 (264 Views)

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Syed Uzair D Hashmi
Message 7 of 8 (255 Views)

That's what I meant earlier. To access you need to register yourself first and it can be done with SAID given by HP to your Organization.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Syed Uzair D Hashmi
Message 8 of 8 (237 Views)

Were you able to get your issues sorted out?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation