Re: HPBSM 9.23 error in connecting to ProfileSchema (579 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 1 of 15 (710 Views)
Accepted Solution

HPBSM 9.23 error in connecting to ProfileSchema

We have HPBSM 9.23 on windows and it is connected to Oracle 11.2 Enterprise edition 64 bit.
We have created and connected to all the schema's successfully and while connecting to the profileschema, we are getting an error. When we checked in the back end, the schema is created and we also have all the tables created under that schema but on the console it gives and error.

On the Manage Profile DB page, i entered all the details that are required and when i click on apply, i get the attached error(error1.png). The credentials are all ok. The permissions are all ok and the port is also able to telnet.
The default tablespace we are using is PROFILESCHEMA and the temp tablespace is PROFTEMP.
I tried 2 options:
Option1: PROFILESCHEMA and PROFTEMP were already created in the Oracle DB and we tried to connect to that. During this time the schema was created new(by the console, when we click apply from the console)
Option2: PROFILESCHEMA and PROFTEMP were not created, but then when we click on apply from the console, it is created on the db automatically.

Once when the error comes, if i try to again connect using the same schema name, it gives an error(error2.png) this error means that the user has got permission nad it is able to create schemas.

Please advice what do i need to do...

Need to know what log files do i refer to for knowing the problem.

Thanks
Utkarsh

Valued Contributor
sumit_kumar
Message 2 of 15 (687 Views)

Re: HPBSM 9.23 error in connecting to ProfileSchema

Hi Utkarsh,

1. Are you using RAC in oracle db?
2. This profile schema was created from BSM console?
3. Currently this profile is used by any collector ?
4. DB has enough temp space ?

Regards,
sumit
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 3 of 15 (682 Views)

Hello Sumit,

1.We are not using RAC in Oracle

2.This ProfileSchema was alreasy created by the Oracle Admin before we ran the Manage DB from Console.

3. PROFILESCHEMA has initial size 1GB and it can expand to unlimited. PROFTEMP has a size of 2GB.

"Currently this profile is used by any collector ?"

--Actually i am new to BSM so do not exactly know how do i check this...

Also, what log files can i check to look into this error??

Hope the above info helps...let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Utkarsh

HP Expert
Javier_Mora
Message 4 of 15 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If you have set integration from data collectors to use this database you can see the profile database assigned in admin page from that specific integration. For example for SiteScope you should look at System Availability Management.

Regarding log files, you can take a look at HPBSM\log\configserver\ folder.

Kind regards,

Javier 

Valued Contributor
sumit_kumar
Message 5 of 15 (646 Views)

Hi Utkarsh,

just check the box- create database/tables and try.

is there any specific reason to use existing profile db?try create from bsm console.
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 6 of 15 (641 Views)

Hello Sumit,

I tried unchecking but that too did not work... i was under the impression that we had to create an empty tablespace and temp tablespace and then when you run it from the console, that time that new schema will be created and the bsm related tables will be created inside the default tablespace..... is that right??? i read somewhere that the script that can be run to create manually is the one being referenced by the console in the backend...

Helli Javier,

i do not have any inyegration as yet... i am a bit confused by you question though...can you please explain...??

Thanks
Utkarsh
Valued Contributor
sumit_kumar
Message 7 of 15 (635 Views)

Hi,
In this case-just delete that db and try to create fresh profile db from bsm console. Plz give the snapshot of enter information when u create new.
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 8 of 15 (627 Views)

Hi Sumit,
i have already tried that in the morning today but that did not work.... :-(
Valued Contributor
sumit_kumar
Message 9 of 15 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Utkarsh,

Can you try connecting oracle and against the Profile schema run a new query which is under the

Gateway Server root directory\AppServer\webapps\site.war\DataBases\ORA_DB_Utils\profile_ora_dbobjects_create.sql (copy everything mentioned in this file)

This should create the needed tables.

Then from the BSM GUI,  “uncheck” Create tables option and clicked on the Apply button and Let us know the result.

please share the logs from topaz.

Regards,
Sumit Kumar
HP Expert
Javier_Mora
Message 10 of 15 (620 Views)

Hello,

You can check database integrity and permissions by running HPBSM\dbverify\bin\run_db_verify.bat

If the database does not have permissions or had problems while creating it, you may be able to check for possible problems.

Kind regards,

Javier Mora

Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 11 of 15 (616 Views)

Hi Sumit,

can you tell me exactly which log file you require??

Hello Javier,

run_dbverify was the first thing i did...it was successful without errors....
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 12 of 15 (590 Views)

Hi Sumit..

Can you tell me exactly which log file do you need? i can send them to you..!!

Thanks

Utkarsh

HP Expert
Javier_Mora
Message 13 of 15 (584 Views)

Hello Utkarsh,

Can you provide HPBSM\log\configserver folder?

This will contain some details about the validations and the errors you are seeing.

Kind regards,

Javier Mora

Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 14 of 15 (579 Views)

Hi,

you can try creating new profile schema with new name instead of using old name, do this from BSM console only.

Regards,

Hanumant

Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 15 of 15 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi all, I was able to solve this problem. I found an error in the topaz_all.ejb. The error was as below:

2014-05-06 11:42:37,209 [GEO locations loader] (GeoLocationLoaderImpl.java:864) ERROR - failed loading IP ranges to database com.mercury.infra.util.db.DataAccessException: failed to update the database: INSERT /*+append */ INTO GEO_LOCATIONS_IPS_V4 (GLO_ID, PART_ID, START_IP, END_IP, GLO_COUNTRY, GLO_STATE, GLO_CITY, GLO_LATITUDE, GLO_LONGITUDE, ISP) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) at com.mercury.infra.util.db.DatabasePreparedBatchUpdate.execute(DatabasePreparedBatchUpdate.java:96) at com.mercury.infra.util.db.DatabasePreparedBatchUpdate.execute(DatabasePreparedBatchUpdate.java:67) at com.mercury.infra.util.db.DatabasePreparedBatchUpdate.execute(DatabasePreparedBatchUpdate.java:54) at com.mercury.infra.geo_location.configuration.jmx.GeoLocationLoaderImpl.readFileInsertDb(GeoLocationLoaderImpl.java:859) at com.mercury.infra.geo_location.configuration.jmx.GeoLocationLoaderImpl.loadIpRangesToDBByVersion(GeoLocationLoaderImpl.java:675) at com.mercury.infra.geo_location.configuration.jmx.GeoLocationLoaderImpl.loadIpRangesToDB(GeoLocationLoaderImpl.java:523) at com.hp.bsm.platform.locationsManager.logic.jmx.LocationsManagerJmxImpl.loadGeoLocationsAndIpRanges(LocationsManagerJmxImpl.java:929) at com.hp.bsm.platform.locationsManager.logic.jmx.LocationsManagerJmxImpl$1.run(LocationsManagerJmxImpl.java:59) Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-01683: unable to extend index HPBSMDB1.GEO_LOCATIONS_IPS_V4_IX2 partition GEO_LOCATIONS_IPS_V4_P4 by 128 in tablespace MGMTSCHEMA

The error for ORA, ORA-01683 lead me to this link: http://ora-01683.ora-code.com/ and as per the ORACLE code mentioned we needed to add a DATA file to the tablespace.

I asked the DB admin to do that and after that it worked like a charm..!!!

Thankyou all for your help..!!

Thank you specially Sumit and Javier really appreciate that..

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.