HP SiteScope DB2 Monitor (502 Views)
Valued Contributor
RYU123
Message 1 of 4 (502 Views)

HP SiteScope DB2 Monitor

Dear Experts,

We are currently using SiteScope 11.22 installed on RHEL.

I am currently trying to configure the database so that SIteScope is able to retrieve the counters.

In the "Monitor Reference" document, it says that this monitor uses the Snapshot mirroring functionality supported by DB2.

And that I must enable the Snapshot Mirror on the DB2 instance in order to retrieve the counters.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but does anyone know how to enable the Snapshot mirroring functionality or at least know how to check to see if it is enabled or not?

The current status when I run the tool for the DB2 monitor is as follows:

Step 1:Attempting to Locate Driver Class...
Driver Class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver LOCATED SUCCESSFULLY!

Step 2:Attempting to Load Driver Class...
Driver Class: LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!

Step 3: Attempting to Connect to Database...
***ERROR***: ***ERROR***:
Exception Message: [jcc][t4][2043][11550][3.64.106] Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server xxxxxxxxx/xx.xx.xx.xxx on port 50,000 with message: Connection refused. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

Any advice on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 4 (446 Views)

Re: HP SiteScope DB2 Monitor

Hi,

On which OS is DB2 running? Snapshot mirroring is not supported in zOS so this monitor won't work if DB2 runs on that. Anyways that will throw different error about counters...

What you have here is a SQL error thrown at connection time:

Connection refused. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

These links may help you:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21460740
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21578246
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Valued Contributor
RYU123
Message 3 of 4 (443 Views)

The OS that the DB2 is on is AIX.
Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)

Hi RYU123

Can you confirm which port the DB is listening on? I'm not too familiar with DB2, but I assume it probably has something similar to Oracle's TNS Listener that binds to a specific port.

If it's definitely port 50000, then it might be a firewall issue between your Sitescope server and the DB2 server. If it's another port though, you may need to change your connection string in the monitor's properties.

What does your current connection string look like more or less, is it something similar to "jdbc:db2://sysmvs1.stl.ibm.com:5021"?

If it does, you should be able to just specify a different port (the ":5021" portion) and try that.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.