Re: HP SiS, HPOM, JET Integration (193 Views)
Occasional Advisor
MattRees
Message 1 of 5 (259 Views)

HP SiS, HPOM, JET Integration

Hello,

I have been asked to setup a SiS system to monitor multiple services within a production environment. The alerts generated from these alerts should then be passed to HPOM, processed by JET, and presented as tickets within Service Manager 9.

I have succesfully integrated SiS with HPOM and can confirm that alerts are being sent through to HPOM (Although I personally do not have visibility of the actual alerts).

The issue is that these are not being forwarded by JET onto Service Manager like the rest of the HPOM tickets. The policy that the alert references is not visible on the HPOM server, and so I assume is local to the SiteScope server. However I cannot find the policy to view how it is actually configured(if this is even possible)

Please can you explain why the Sitescope policies do not exist in the HP OM server and why the event that has been generated does not have the TT flag set(which would allow JET to process). If this is by design then how should the integration be tested to JET/AB/SM? Im just wondering if we need to do something specifically on the HPOM side to map these alerts to JET.

Many Thanks

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 5 (243 Views)

Re: HP SiS, HPOM, JET Integration

Hi,

SiS policy for OM integration is found in SiS installation folder but it is not supported to modify it. When you install OA that comes with configuration tool and activate /install policies you install the policy called "HP_SiteScope_to_Operations_Manager_Integration_by_Log_File" among others.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Occasional Advisor
MattRees
Message 3 of 5 (214 Views)

Thankyou, that has cleared some confusion. However, this policy seems to set a certain flag to false (which is used by HPOM/JET to generate an incident ticket). Do you have any idea what needs to be done to allow JET to process the HPOM alerts, which are geenrated by SiS?

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 5 (205 Views)

Hi,

No, I don't know such flag, maybe its a good idea to try the OM forum.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Occasional Advisor
MattRees
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)

I think what my real question here is, is there a way to do this end to end alerting without using BSM? But rather going straight to HPOM/JET

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.