HP OMi reports (101 Views)
Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 1 of 1 (101 Views)

HP OMi reports

Hi all

I've asked a somewhat similar question before, but digging deeper a bit: One of my clients needs to be able to pull detailed OMi reports (for example daily, weekly and monthly reports, events acknowledged by a partcular user or users, etc.).

The only way we've been able to do this is by quering the DB directly (thanks to input from Siggi Gladitsch). Problem is that the client is not too keen on allowing us direct access to the DB itself (security policies).

The only other way I know of accomplishing something like this is to use HP SHR, which in this case is not an option (mainly due to licensing and the complexity of SHR, considering what it will be used for).

Apparently, Acrsight Logger can also achieve what the client needs, but I can't quite see how. I'm still to test it and figure out if and how Arcsight Logger can integrate with OMi events, but I'd just like to get a feel for if this is a worthwhile thing to test or not.

In summary, my questions are:

a) Has anyone had any success with generating detailed OMi reports via anything besides querying the DB directly?

b) If the answer for question a) was "yes", how?

c) Is Arcsight Logger worth testing to see if it can provide any worthwhile reports based on OMi events?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.