HP OMi - How to achieve HI reset on Event Closure ?? (832 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Ramprasad KM
Message 1 of 8 (832 Views)

HP OMi - How to achieve HI reset on Event Closure ??

Hi,

I am wondering as to how can I automatically reset the HIs that were set by an event, when that event gets closed ??

Why do I require this ?? - The event gets closed automatically by either the operator (plain closure - without selecting  "close and reset HI") OR by the ticketing system (ticketing system is remedy and 3rd party adapter being used for auto-ticketing. Is there a way by which the adapter sitting in between gets to know how to reset HI programatically ??)

So, in this scenario, my BSM tree still shows the CI status as RED/AMBER after event closure.

Please suggest. Thanks.

Rgds,

-Ram.

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 8 (826 Views)

Re: HP OMi - How to achieve HI reset on Event Closure ??

hi Ram,

Service Health has an API to reset HIs state. This can be used for example when Ticket is closed and you want to reset the HI (you can see it in the OOTB SM.groovy).

Please read more in BSM docs, just search for:Reset Health Indicator State API

Frequent Advisor
Ramprasad KM
Message 3 of 8 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for replying. I am aware of reset HI API and in fact, thats how I have been resetting the HIs for CIs.

curl -i -X PUT http://pm-bsm-dev-win.bsm.com/topaz/servicehealth/customers/1/cis/00da4b6ece19802abfff5652bd2ff06d/h... -u user:password

But, I have been thinking of a mechanism which can trigger this on event closure. OR a straight forward way (some setting in platform admin ??) which resets HI upon event closure - automatically, without manual intervention.

By the way, the ticketing system here is BMC Remedy.

Thanks,

-Ram.

Frequent Advisor
Ramprasad KM
Message 4 of 8 (808 Views)

I think, I can define a "time based event automation" rule to execute a script, once for each closed event in the last X minutes, to reset the HI/ETI that has been set by that particular event.

Let me give it a try. Will update the observations once done. Thanks.

Rgds,

-Ram.

Frequent Advisor
Ramprasad KM
Message 5 of 8 (765 Views)

"Time-based event automation" rules are not getting fired upon event closure. The filter used in the rule is to look for Closed Events, but for some reason, the rules are not getting fired.

Except for event closure, the rule gets fired (ofcourse, with appropriate filter) for any other state changes (Ex: open -> resolved, open -> In Progress etc.)

Seems to me as a bug.

If any one of you are aware as to why this is happening, please do let me know.

Thanks,
-Ram.
SebastianYEPES
Message 6 of 8 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

We got the same issue, the EPI is not being triggered when the event changes its lifecycle to close. Only this status indeed does not work... And we wanted to have the same behaviour reset the CI HI of this event.

Did you manage to find a solution or a workaround for those closed event. That's something that should be the normal behaviour in my opinion... If the event is closed the related CI HI should be reset and we shouldn't have 2 closes action (close & close and reset HIs)... the 'close and reset HIs' one is sufficient..

Thanks for your input,

regards

\Viseth

Frequent Advisor
Ramprasad KM
Message 7 of 8 (626 Views)

Its by design. EPI scripts wont fire upon event closure. We have not found a solution to reset HI upon event closure yet.

Rgds,

-Ram.

SebastianYEPES
Message 8 of 8 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for you input, we have open a HP support case. We let you know when we got a solution!

regards,

\Viseth

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.