08-22-2013 02:26 AM
We have few HP tools in place like HP BSM, HP NNMi, HP BSM connector.
We are going to integrate NNMI with BSM/OMi for event and topology integration.
Also we are having few third party EMS systems like HWIN, triple data,etc which will monitor there network and send SNMP traps to BSM/OMi through BSM connector.
but for third party systems there are no CIs available in BSM RTSM, so in order to map events with CIs, we are planning to pull those CIs data from HP uCMDB integration with BSM RTSM.
and for this I have below queries:
1) Do we require extra license for integration between HP BSM and HP uCMDB
2)As we are pulling data into BSM RTSM, do we have to create/ assign KPIs HIs to these CIs in order to show status on dashboard.
3)we are using uCMDB to pull data into BSM even though there is a option in BSM connector to get topology from third party system, but there are liited options like database, log files, web listener but there is no system which keeps data into this format.
4) Is there any other way of integration
Kindl provide inuts on same.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-22-2013 03:11 AM - edited 08-22-2013 03:12 AM
1. No extra licensing is required in order to sync data from uCMDB into RTSM
2. If you would like to assign KPIs/HIs to CI instances for which there is an existing KPI/HI Assignment (which is is the case for most common CI types) you don't need to do anything here. If you would like to assign custom KPIs/HIs you will need to create new assignment rules.
3. It is absolutely possible to get topology information from databases or xml files. But not sure what you use case is.
4. In order to get topology information i can see BSM Connector Topology, RTSM sync or possibly a Connect IT integration.
I hope this help
08-22-2013 04:44 AM
Thanks a lot for the information, it will help a alot for further planning.
for your answer to my 2nd question: My question was whether CIs pulled from uCMDB will have any default KPIs/HIs or we need to assign them in RTSM itself.
and what we are planning is to have CIs data from uCMDB only as same will be integrated with HP SM also, hich will help us in ticket logging from BSM to SM.
will it make any difference if we take topology from uCMDB instead of BSM connector.
08-22-2013 05:14 AM
for RTSM - it doesnt matter where the topology will come from, as long as you will be able to resolve the events to these CIs.
08-22-2013 09:37 AM
Thanks for the information.
Okay then we can import topology from uCMDB and can do event management as well as topology based event correlation right?
This will also save efforts to separately get topology from BSMC anyways...thanks a lot for your help.