HP BSM - SM integration without OMi? (769 Views)
Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 1 of 14 (769 Views)

HP BSM - SM integration without OMi?

HI Team,

Is there a possibility to perform HP BSM - SM integration without OMi?

I have HP BSM 9.23 and SM 9.32 in my env,

Kindly Suggest,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saurabh

Regular Advisor
AshishGupta
Message 2 of 14 (757 Views)

Re: HP BSM - SM integration without OMi?

Saurabh,

As far as I remember there is option available to do that integration . You have to Integrate RTSM with your SM , And there is way to ocnfigure your service health, where it will show the Incidents status also , i will try to check the documentation on it .
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 3 of 14 (747 Views)

you can integrate BSM and SM even w/o OMi. please note that you have the OMi foundation in BSM w/o any license, which allow your BSM to receive events and forward them, which is what you need for CLIP.
Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 4 of 14 (735 Views)

Thanks Ashish and Asaf for an update on this.  But when I go through the doc "BSM - Service Manager Integration Guide" it asks for OMi.

Can you please send me the appropriate guide for the same. Also how do I know that the OMi foundations is active since I dont see the OMi active here.

Thanks.

Saurabh Bhati

Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 5 of 14 (725 Views)

HI Asaf and Ashish,

Any updates on the same? It was an urgent issue @ a client location.

@ Asaf, if you can pls send me a guide on this will be great.

Thanks.

Saurabh

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 6 of 14 (711 Views)

not sure what are you asking for...

look at your DPS, do you see opr-backend process and OPR service in the BSM Status page?

yes, you are... this means you have OMi foundation. you cannot see any OMi application pages, but you can receive events and forward them to SM.

please follow the CLIP documentation you have.

Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 7 of 14 (698 Views)

Hi Asaf,

My aplologies for not being clear and specific on this. I now have tried the configuration and now is stuck with some BDM Mapping issue.

Not sure how should I go ahead with that.

The sendevent part is successful from CMD. But not sure how can I check the events on my BSM console and cant see either in the SM part. If you can suggest something on this please.

Have attached the SM logs for your reference. Thanks.

Regards,

Saurabh

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 8 of 14 (689 Views)

for the BDM mapping, I cannot help. you should open Support case.
for not seeing OMi events you have 3 options:
1) install OMi test license which will give you OMi for 60 days
2) buy OMi license
3) enable OMi logs in DEBUG and then in the flow trace logs you will see the events.
Esteemed Contributor
haytham_hosny
Message 9 of 14 (678 Views)

Can you please share with us the purpose of the integration?

if it is to forward the events to OM event browser and then open a an incidents tickets into SM so you need OMi at least foundation license

but if you need to view the number of tickets and changes had been opened on a specific CI's so this is not need an OMi just it has a guide can be requested and downloaded from HP to explain how can you integrate BSM with SM for service health purpose

My point of view is to design first what you exactly needs from your integration and the going through the appropriate technic.

Many Thanks

Haytham Hosny
Esteemed Contributor
haytham_hosny
Message 10 of 14 (676 Views)

Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 11 of 14 (667 Views)

Hello Haytham,

The purpose of the integration is to open a ticket in SM for my APM solution like HP BPM, RUM & Diagnostics.

Haytham, I believe we have the foundations license with us, but I dont have an OMi event browser anywhere in BSM. I hope I have the correct licenses or information with me.

But as I mentioned earlier, the sole purpose of this integration is to open tickets in SM if any of my thresholds get violated or there is an error on my monitored application from HP BPM, RUM and Diagnostics.

My Products Info:

HP BSM 9.23,

HP SM 9.32,

HP BPM 9.13,

HP RUM 9.23

HP Diagnostics 9.23

Many thanks for your support on this.

Regards,

Saurabh

Esteemed Contributor
haytham_hosny
Message 12 of 14 (656 Views)

I have some ideas in my mind so i can share it with you concerning your request:

- Having a foundation OMi license will let you achieve your required target so what you need is to activate the OMi module from BSM configuration wizard and you will find the event browsers appears under application --> operation management

- "Legacy Integration way" but you can use it if any , we can open an incidents tickets in SM without having even an OMi foundation are as follow:

- Configuring mail account in SM which is once you send mail to it , it will automatically open the incidents in SM "SM configuration"

- Configure an alert per each module you mentioned according your required threshold and then configure the alert to send a mail to SM , this will open an incident ticket in SM

as mentioned this is a legacy way but it is working fine and meet the requirements in some cases.

Sure OMi is more advanced technique but it's a way to share all ideas so you can choose what u need.

Hope this is can help you

Thank you

Haytham Hosny
Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 13 of 14 (649 Views)

Hey Haytham,

I just checked by running the configuration utility and found that I dont have the OMi option to activate the foundation license. This indicates that I dont have the foundation license as well, to which I was knowing that the foundation license comes by default with the BSM License. For more reference, I have attached the screenshot of the configuration page.

Not for the legacy ways which you indicated, we have not configured SMTP in the system (BSM) yet. 

So if I summarize your explanation, if I configure SMTP and email alerts for the monitored application I should be able to open tickets in SM? But how will I indicate SM that an event for my APM solution is triggered.

Pls throw some more light on this so that I can proceed further. 

Thanks a ton for your suggestions :)

Regards,

Saurabh

Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 14 of 14 (627 Views)

HI Team,

Any updates on the below? Kindly suggest..Thanks.

Regards,

Saurabh Bhati

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.