HP BSM - Accessing SiteScope Acknowledgements (204 Views)
Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (204 Views)

HP BSM - Accessing SiteScope Acknowledgements

Dear Experts,

We are currently using BSM 9.22 installed on Windows 2008 and SiteScope 11.22 installed on RHEL.

I was wondering if it is possible to access or see the acknowledgement that was made in SiteScope from BSM.

Basically my manager is looking at this and he does not want to scroll through the different SiteScopes to look for these acknowledgements. Also he does not have much experience with BSM, so we were wondering if there was a simple way to access these SiteScope acknowledgements.

Basically when there is an issue and we recieve a SiteScope alert, there is a ticket created and then later the ticket number is entered manually in the SiteScope acknowledgements. So my manager would like easy access to these SiteScope Acknowledgements without scrolling through the multiple SiteScope instances that we have.

Any advice on this is very much appreciated.

Also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Trusted Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)

Re: HP BSM - Accessing SiteScope Acknowledgements

Basically when there is an issue and we recieve a SiteScope alert, there is a ticket created and then later the ticket number is entered manually in the SiteScope acknowledgements. So my manager would like easy access to these SiteScope Acknowledgements without scrolling through the multiple SiteScope instances that we have.

We currently(still) have a similar situation so I can give you some input on how to cut down time a little:

We also have multiple instances running right now which is rather tedious to monitor, but we've already integrated them to send events(and events only) to get them all in an OMi dashboard(this also is license free to my knowledge).

Seeing not everyone monitors everything for us, there are some filters in place to allow for different views.

In OMi, the respective users can grab themselves the events and add Annotations there - this would be the point where you can add your ticket number - we use this just to drop a line or two for the superiors.

We've also added the HP SM integration - so when need be any operator can just rightclick -> send to SM and it will create a ticket there with the info.(and this is linked in the OMi event of course)

We also went and adjusted the dashboard a little so the description from SiteScope monitors is being shown - that is where we document KB/short info/quick solution - so operators in OMi don't have to search around in common cases.

Integrating SiteScope -> OMi shouldn't take you more than an hour usually.

(LDAP integration, setting up groups/permissions, firewall changes excluded - but these can be prepared beforehand/for other circumstances also)

Dashboarding has improved in 9.22(9.23?) to be done via GUI(very self explaining).

OMi -> SM 1/2 days with checking and test runs(did that with a HP consultant).

While it is hard to judge how many instances/monitors/events/different groups of interest you have that need access to the monitoring/cases situation - I wouldn't personally want to go back to having multiple browsers open and java battling itself for resources on my pc until one of them gives in :).

HP Expert
Message 3 of 3 (164 Views)

Re: HP BSM - Accessing SiteScope Acknowledgements

Workaround by bkserver seems reasonable. Speaking of SiS acknowledgments they are stored in a separate log (logs/Operator.log) in each instance and there is no consolidated view in BSM that I'm aware of.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.