HP BSM APM 360 1+ OS Inst License Usuage (568 Views)
Valued Contributor
TMS
Message 1 of 6 (568 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP BSM APM 360 1+ OS Inst License Usuage

Expert,

Can you please helpe me with HP BSM APM 360 1+ OS Inst SW E-LTU license . It is quite confusing with the available data that we have. We also have HP BSM TxnVision OS Inst SW E-LTU as well. How do they work together. 

Can we use any application in any of the tools [RUM, BPM, TV, Diag ]

or it has to be the same application on all the tools ?

Any information on this regard with a sample application would be helpful .

Regards,

TMS

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 6 (555 Views)

Re: HP BSM APM 360 1+ OS Inst License Usuage

APM 360 and TV licenses are totally independent and don't work together in any way.

APM 360 gives you entitlement for unlimited usage of BPM, RUM and Diagnostics (but not TV) for all your applications as long as you have enough OS instances (from APM 360 license) to cover all the applications you want to monitor. Whether you use all pieces (BPM+RUM+Diag) for a given application, or only some of them - it's up to you.

Valued Contributor
TMS
Message 3 of 6 (551 Views)

Thank you for clarification. 

However my query is considering I am having 10 APM 360 OS instance , 

Can I split it as 10 MIcrosoft Applications on  RUM, 10 WEB Applications on BPM, 10 MQ Applications on TV , 10 java /.net applications on Diagnostics. 

Or it has to be the same 10 applications across all ?

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 6 (527 Views)

You simply don't understand APM 360 licensing concept at all. It's not about monitoring the same applications or different applications. It's about OS instances on which your applicantions are running. An application OS Instance means an OS instance (physical or virtual machine) that runs an application component which is monitored by BPM, RUM, or Diagnostics.

If you have 10 OS Instances from APM 360 license  you can monitor as many different applications as you like. As long as ALL of them use not more than 10 OS instances in total. If multiple applications share the same OS instance it's counted as just 1 OS instance for licensing purposes.

Valued Contributor
TMS
Message 5 of 6 (504 Views)

The concept itself is quite confusing. It is mentioned there is no license required for webserver and database server. However when I am doing a URL monitoring or BPM , I can see my license being consumed. 

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 6 of 6 (497 Views)

>>>It is mentioned there is no license required for webserver and database server.

You misinterpreted what is explained in the Pricing Guide. Here is the exact quote:

...count the number of OS instances (not Web or DB server) for the relevant application.

It means you don't count the number of application instances of Web or DB servers, but instead you count OS instances. All OS instances are counted including those where Web and DB servers are running.

Anyway APM360 licensing is now gone and available for existing customers only to add capacity. For new customers the APM licensing is totally different.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.